2019 MLB Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 MLB Draft

I won't give many updates but when I see something related I'll post here.

Tulane 3B and redshirt junior Kody Hoese was taken 25th by the Los Angeles Dodgers, he gone.

UNCONN P and again redshirt junior Jacob Wallace was taken in the 3rd round at pick 100 by the Rockies.

ECU redshirt junior Jake Agnos LHP goes in the 4th round to the Yankees at pick 135.

Another ECU redshirt junior LF Bryant Packard goes in the 5th round to the Detroit Tigers at 142.
    Last edited by WuDrWu; June 4, 2019, 01:43 PM.

Luke Ritter was taken in the 7th round at #208 by the Mets.

To add to Doc's: Jared Triolo of Houston was taken #72 by the Pirates.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      Good for Luke. I was worried a bit about him as he kind of struggled a bit down the stretch. I think this is a good draft for Luke.

A 3rd ECU redshirt junior, 1B Spencer Brickhouse, goes in the 7th round to the Diamondbacks. I don't know if those redshirts were voluntary or due to injury but that's a pretty impressive group of redshirts.

UConn Jr. SS Anthony Prato goes to the Twins in the 7th round.

USF Sr. 1B Joe Genord goes to the Mets in the 9th round.

Comment

The AAC is an older players league..Don’t attract the plug and play freshman as often as ACC or SEC..The successful AAC teams are almost always loaded with experience..I think UCF had 12 redshirts on this years roster.

Comment

Great for Luke! Best of luck young man!

Comment

Mason Feole, redshirt junior at UCONN, LHP, goes to San Diego at 323 in the 11th round. This is way lower than he expected. I don't expect he returns for his senior season but you never know.

Brendan Cellucci, 4th year Red So LHP from Tulane goes in the 12th round to Boston at 377.

RHP Full Nelson Alvarez, redshirt junior from USF goes in the 13th round to the Yankees at 405. Dude topped out at 97 against us. 6'4" 220 live arm.

RHP Trey Benton from ECU goes in the 15th round. The redshirt junior was selected by the Cleveland Indians at 460.

RHP Evan Voliva from ECU goes in the 18th round to the Yankees at pick 555.

Turner Brown, senior shortstop from ECU goes in the 19th round to the Rockies at pick 579.

Joe Davis, 6-0 230 (lol) senior 1B from Houston goes in the 19th round to the Red Sox with the 587th pick.

Last edited by WuDrWu; June 5, 2019, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Clayton McGinness goes to the Orioles with the 1st pick of the 20th round. CONGRATS Clayton!

Comment

RHP Chase Solesky, redshirt junior from Tulane goes in the 21st round at pick 620 to the White Sox.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Clayton McGinness goes to the Orioles with the 1st pick of the 20th round. CONGRATS Clayton!
                Hear, hear. Clayton no doubt gave his draft status a huge boost with the way he finished the season. :good:

Comment

With the 667th pick in the 2019 MLB draft, the Atlanta Braves select...…LHP Alex Segal from Wichita State. He gone.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                    1972Shocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Alex is another or many redshirt juniors in this draft. I agree that he is probably gone but there may be some chance he would return. Not sure where he stands with respect to getting his degree in finance.

• WuDrWu
                    WuDrWu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Unfortunately, there is no chance he's returning. He's getting decent money and planned to be gone anyway. When you're a lefty, and can spin it like he can, you're gone.

1B Trevor Jensen, senior from Tulane, goes to the Minnesota Twins in the 24th round at pick 719.

RHP Fred Villareal from Houston, 5'11" 180 redshirt junior goes to the Seattle Mariners in the 25th round at pick 756.

Senior RHP Garrett Westberg from Central Florida was selected in the 26th round also by the Seattle Mariners at pick 786.

Tyler Osik, redshirt junior 1B from Central Florida was selected in the 27th round by the Chicago White Sox with the 800th pick.

With the 827th pick, the Boston Red Sox select Devon Roedahl, RHP, redshirt junior from the University of Houston.

Comment

Shocker Recruit Jake Hamilton to Texas Rangers in the 21st round pick #625
                    THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

Senior RHP Kaleb Roper from Tulane goes at pick 860 in the 29th round to the Chicago White Sox.

Jake Washer, senior catcher from East Carolina, is selected in the 29th round at pick 882 by the Chicago Cubs.

Michael Woodworth, better known as Woody, a senior 2B from UCONN is selected by the Oakland As in the 29th round at pick 884.

With the 1030th pick, the Cleveland Indians select Alec Wisely, senior RHP from South Florida in the 34th round.
                      Last edited by WuDrWu; June 5, 2019, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Mitchell Walters was taken by the Tampa Bay Rays in the 35th round. Congrats Mitch! You got this kid!

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                          1972Shocker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Another 4th year junior. Mitchell got off to a pretty good start this year but did not finish especially strong. Not sure if there is any chance he will be back or not. He won't be offered much as a 35th rounder. But you never know when a guy is just ready to move on.

Between seniors and draftees, how many should we expect to be gone fir next year? (Not counting new signees or transfers once wedge reviews players.

Comment

Working...
                        X