No announcement yet.

2019 Summer Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaron Bechtel with another great outing for the Kansas Cannons. In an win-or-go-home game against the San Diego Waves, he went CG 8 innings allowing 1 unearned run on 7 hits in a 9-1 victory. He struck out 5 and overcame three errors in the field behind him. 2-0 with no earned runs over 15.1 innings will get you some all tournament consideration.
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Aaron Haase named NECBL first team all-league closer. Led the league with 9 saves.

The Valley News is the daily newspaper and website of the Upper Valley, serving communities in Vermont and New Hampshire.
      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
        Aaron Haase named NECBL first team all-league closer. Led the league with 9 saves.

Pretty impressive numbers for the sophomore-to-be.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
          WSUwatcher commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually, 11 walks in 20.2 innings is fairly high -- but 40 Ks isn't just high; it's extraordinary. When you can walk that many guys and still have a 3.6/1 K/W ratio, you've really done something.

• WuDrWu
          WuDrWu commented
          Editing a comment
          Haase's nose to toes curve ball is big league lights out, but it's only effective if he can throw strikes to set it up. Looks like he made progress over the summer. I'm sure ACMP will be thrilled if that carries over to the spring.

Cadena(C) and Katzfey(CF) the two returning guys from the middle of our field in SB,Ca. Katzfey hit .322 with 131 PA. Second on the team.(registering enough at-bats/season). Cadena hit .242 with 142 PA.

Comment

Just searched some names on here to see where they landed. Anyone know where Martinez, Cheatham and Owens went?

super impressed with Owens. Shocked they let him go. Absolute cannon from the outfield and hit with some power. Ran good too. Don’t understand this release

martinez is a hometown kid with some high rankings. I’m not sure what happened here but think this has been tough on the kid.

cheatham was the spark in hitting we needed. Average wise was good at NBC tourney but fielding shaky. Left tournament early cuz of mono. Assumed that was why he was just ok at tourney. Player told me he never got to practice at WSU due to mono. I think they missed out on this kid.

Comment

Jake Owens is on the DII University of Tampa roster. He was impressive at Juco, but that did not transition to fall ball. In all the practices and scrimmages and batting practice I saw, he never squared up a single pitch.

Mateo Martinez is on the roster at Barton College, a DII school in Wilson, North Carolina. Ross Cadena is versatile and Josh Killeen is the real deal. Both can play more than one position. Chris Diehl is serviceable and has experience. On a 35 man roster, you can't justify keeping 4 catchers, especially when the clear 4th can only catch. And frankly, Mateo had a difficult time doing that in the fall.

I can't find anything on Tyson Cheatham.

Keep in mind the previous staff had over recruited a ton. Somebody had to be cut. A guy that couldn't hit, the 4th catcher and a kid that couldn't practice seem like reasonable places to start, but what do I know?

Comment

Thanks! Found out Cheatham is at Johnson County. They haven’t updated their roster from fall. Was told he got picked up right after he left WSU.

also agree with your assessment. If over recruiting was an issue why even let those kids come? A kid who played with Cheathum told me they new he had mono a few weeks before he came. Same for Martinez. Why even let him enroll. Not a good look for the program. It’s not like school is cheap.

so JCCc now has 4 WSU commits: Quinton Hall, Isiah Cohen, Cheatham and Slavens. Gonna have to watch them

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadshocker View Post
                  Thanks! Found out Cheatham is at Johnson County. They haven’t updated their roster from fall. Was told he got picked up right after he left WSU.

also agree with your assessment. If over recruiting was an issue why even let those kids come? A kid who played with Cheathum told me they new he had mono a few weeks before he came. Same for Martinez. Why even let him enroll. Not a good look for the program. It’s not like school is cheap.

so JCCc now has 4 WSU commits: Quinton Hall, Isiah Cohen, Cheatham and Slavens. Gonna have to watch them
                  I agree it's not a good look for the program and that is part of the reason fHCTB is no longer leading the program. If Butler was still coach they would have all shown up to school, so I assume you blame the previous coaching staff for this? I think everyone involved understands that during a coaching change these types of things are unavoidable. I believe HCEW is on record as saying this practice will not continue. I agree this is a terrible practice and I am glad fHCTB is gone and it won't be a problem much longer!

Comment

My opinion --- no inside knowledge here -- is that Cheatham just got beat out. As soon as Wallace moved to SS (with Elliot as backup) and Roccaforte had such a great fall behind Sigrist, Cheatham was a redshirt candidate at best. It is unfortunate if he was sick, but he clearly wasn't the strongest of the middle infielders coming in either in the field or with the bat. He could even have been behind Couper Cornblum in the depth chart, as well. Perhaps the JCCC move is the best play for him.

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

When they get their opportunities, I think the fans will enjoy the way Roccaforte and Cornblum handle themselves.

Comment

I saw Hall, Martinez, Cheatham and Roccafort in East Cobb right after they had all signed. Cheatham was a standout hitting for sure. Played infield over Roccafort on the same team. I dug Hall’s confidence. Hall and Cheatham play with chips on their shoulder. Thought they would bring much needed hardness to a program that has been soft. But, yes, if the kid was sick and couldn’t practice then it’s hard to keep him. Don’t understand Hall at all and hope Roccafort shows out.

Comment

Working...
                        X