2019 Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Current state: Quality Freshmen position players who posted a winning record against ECU late in the year. Great building blocks. Eddy has shown ability to compete at a high level, but our other pitchers outside McGuiness have struggled. We need pitching. I think we can hit with most teams. But we get outhit due to limitations of current staff.

Excited to see how Slavens, DVV, and Siegrist continue to develop and if we can get a few Freshmen to step up to that level. If so, we can replace LR and JB. That will give us chances next year.
    Pro tip: I didn't ask you.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Pro tip: I didn't ask you.
      Pro tip; Then ask on any of the half dozen threads started by someone else.

Comment

Another great post. Make stuff up. Avoid any meaningful discussion.

You didnt go to any baseball games. How bad is it that I went to more games than you did? And while not going, you have been here cheering them to lose. You are truly a great Shocker fan.

I assumed you couldnt go three posts in the baseball forum without mentioning me. I didnt even have to look. Thanks for confirming it.
        Why would I pay money to support a loser coach that puts out putrid baseball? Why would anybody?

Your distorted view of reality has you believing 5000 fans should pack the stands to support sub-mediocre, horribly fundamental baseball. Are you certifiably insane? This isn’t Westurban, chump.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Pro tip; Then ask on any of the half dozen threads started by someone else.
          Lmao. Are you now getting territorial?

Dont get mad cuz you can’t read.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I will actually go ahead and put my 2 cents in. Hopefully the first thing that happens this offseason is that HCTB gets his pink slip and ADDB hires a real baseball coach.

Hopefully Pelfrey doesn't shut the pitching staff down and lets them play summer ball because lord knows these pitchers need reps.

Hopefully one of the following names is hired as the new head coach: Kevin Hooper, Eric Wedge, Mark Standiford. Preferably 1 of the first 2.

Comment

I think any legacy will have important gaps in his D-I Head Coaching resume. This is something we need to be prepared for. The stronger the people they hire around them the better.

Regardless, I would strongly prefer this type of hire.

Comment

Wasn't sure where to put this, but this thread title seemed most apt.

Cool discussion about best non-WSU players at each position to ever play at Eck. Have some fun guessing before you click the link, if you'd like. Or throw out other names you'd put up there.

Comment

Working...
                X