Big things are happening......
    Butler getting fired?

Comment

We’re getting boat-raced?
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

We're a crappy team.

Comment

But just wait until next year... We will be so good!

Comment

The Butler Bunch has strangely gone quiet all of a sudden.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Where are all the Butler minions?

Comment

Yay! We kept it within 10!

Comment

i'd say that they didnt want to deal with the asshattery of a few posters who only show up when things are going bad and who only want to start **** instead of discussing the game that was just played. but hey, dont let me get in the way because i dont get to follow WSU baseball much.

Comment

• bleednblackngold
                    bleednblackngold commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What would you like to discuss? I’d say that was another ass beating for a coaching tenure that is full of them. Any thoughts?

• lostshocker
                    lostshocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    not much i could discuss. i didnt see the game only the box score afterward. but at this point i think everyone can see that butler needs to go and we really dont need to discuss his shortcomings much more.

Originally posted by lostshocker View Post
                  i'd say that they didnt want to deal with the asshattery of a few posters who only show up when things are going bad and who only want to start **** instead of discussing the game that was just played. but hey, dont let me get in the way because i dont get to follow WSU baseball much.
                  I’ve been posting here for nearly 15 years. It hasn’t always been bad.

So what do you want to discuss? The horrible pitching? The 5th grade IQ level of the team? Todd Butler’s glorious head coaching record that has led to zero NCAA Tournaments while cashing paychecks via a Top 25 salary? What about average attendance?

Maybe apathy is better than giving a **** at all? That’s pretty much where the athletic department is at on it.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

2 more games boys, big things can still happen.....

Comment

Preston Snavely had his poorest back-to-back outings of the season in his last 2 starts against Houston and Tulane allowing 12 runs (all earned) on 12 hits and 7 walks over 9.1 innings. Not what you need from your Friday starter especially at this point in the season. In their last 4 AAC games the Shocks have given up 44 runs.

The Shocker offense extended their scoreless streak to 17 innings before scoring an unearned run in the 3rd. Houston lead 11-1 heading into the bottom of the 7th before the Shocks put up 4 runs over their final 3 at bats against 3 Houston relievers. With Houston leading the game 11-1 I suspect they weren't use the cream of their bullpen to finish off this game.

So at this point both the pitching and the hitting are trending in the wrong direction. Shocks badly need a strong outing from Liam Eddy today and, if they do, hopefully the offense will be able to provide the support needed to take advantage of a good outing.

I suggested that before the Tulane series that I had the feeling we had just completed Spring training and now the real season was starting. The start has not been good at 1-4 and that 1 wins was largely gifted to the Shocks by Tulane although at the time I thought the way that win happened might give the Shocks a boost. Didn't happen.

In the Shocks 2 years in the AAC they have won 2 weekend series in conference play both by 2 games to 1 and both over Memphis. On paper Houston and the Shocks look to be pretty evenly matched. Houston has an RPI of around 50 and the Shocks are at 77. Houston's non-con SOS ranks 28th and the Shockers rank 44th. Houston has gone 1-2 against UConn, Memphis and ECU in conference play. The Shocks need to bounce back and give themselves a chance to win this series.

Comment

Originally posted by lostshocker View Post
                        “When things are going bad” would be indicative of when Butler took over the program. Do you mean the few “asshattery” posters who still get angry to say enough is enough rather than comfortably numb and apathetic?

Hopefully change is coming. Until then, I still support the players and program and have the right to be pissed that Butler hasn’t resigned.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I’ve been posting here for nearly 15 years. It hasn’t always been bad.

So what do you want to discuss? The horrible pitching? The 5th grade IQ level of the team? Todd Butler’s glorious head coaching record that has led to zero NCAA Tournaments while cashing paychecks via a Top 25 salary? What about average attendance?

Maybe apathy is better than giving a **** at all? That’s pretty much where the athletic department is at on it.
                          This program has become such a hollow shell of it's former self, it had become impossible to stomach. There are some really nice promotions to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the baseball national championship - and i don't even care.

The Todd Butler era is now a permanent stain on the University. It has all been discussed before. This is not on the players - the AD and Butler need to own it and make it end.
                          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post

“When things are going bad” would be indicative of when Butler took over the program. Do you mean the few “asshattery” posters who still get angry to say enough is enough rather than comfortably numb and apathetic?

Hopefully change is coming. Until then, I still support the players and program and have the right to be pissed that Butler hasn’t resigned.
                            since you are being willfully ignorant. just because the team played like crap, you dont go and post looking for an argument just to say "i told you so". just as when the team plays well you dont post looking to start **** with people not happy with the direction of the program.

Comment

Working...
                            X