No announcement yet.

Mike Steele resigns, Mike Pelfrey hired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've heard that maybe Butler is resigning also, but the "deal" with the lawyers had not been finalized yet and Steele jumped the gun. So release the shockernet refresh monkeys, cause it can happen any day know.

Gene, JT and Brent are coming back......

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    I've heard that maybe Butler is resigning also, but the "deal" with the lawyers had not been finalized yet and Steele jumped the gun. So release the shockernet refresh monkeys, cause it can happen any day know.

stir.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Hell. it would provide for some entertainment as I would listen to the games again. I have slowly gotten to the point over the last 20 years that I doubt I will even listen to many games this year. Gene was his own worst enemy and had to go. I just want something to look forward to again!

Comment

Comment

• WstateU
          WstateU commented
          Editing a comment
          hmmm...

Depending on how all of this shakes out could make for a very interesting First Pitch Banquet on February 1st.

Comment

Honestly who cares? This lame duck season and coach doesn't matter. We're just going through the motions this season until TB is fired and we can move forward. Got to call a spade.

Comment

• shockfan89_
            shockfan89_ commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree, but how do you go about hiring a pitching coach in January when those are fairly known facts?

Don't worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Don't worry about it.
            Okie, Dokie.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

That is a lot of stars for someone who doesnt care anymore. We have some pieces on the roster, and will bring in a Pitching coach to work with them. I do think it will benefit the program having Coach Steele gone. Although he did some good things overall, I dont think he was good for the team (see our agreement on MM last night).

I also think this looks bad from the outside looking in losing a coach right now, and if Coach Butler knew he was looking he should have just replaced him. Or maybe they couldnt afford even to replace the PC due to lack of funds in the baseball budget. Who knows.

I think this is step one into rebuilding Shocker Baseball. And hopefully the person they bring in personifies that.

ShockerFever
              One favor, dont rip this until we hire the PC. If I am wrong and we get some bum, I will eat crow. Call it a troll job, and say no one cares, but my family and I still spend money to travel to support the program. These kids care. Their parents care. Former players care. Lets see where this goes.
              What are you smoking man? We had some pieces on last year's program (actually 11 MLB draftees) and we still didn't make the tournament. The rats are leaving a sinking ship is what I see. Fever is right, Boatwrong and his minion Butler need to go.

Comment

A top 5 recruiting class just graduated or was drafted, and we couldn't even sniff the tournament, much less a state of competitiveness in our conference. Had one of the largest MLB draftee classes of any D1 program. I'm not sure what level of further empirical evidence is required. Is the world flat?

Comment

• Downtown Shocker Brown
                Downtown Shocker Brown commented
                Editing a comment
                If only we had put 7 or more runs on the board more than the 24 times we did. I mean we literally had to score 6 runs just to get to a 50/50 chance of winning.

Wait... I know the coaches are responsible for recruiting and coaching pitchers also. And the job they have done with that is extremely poor.

• ShockTalk
                ShockTalk commented
                Editing a comment
                Quality offense, defense, pitching, tactics, staff, recruiting, teaching, coaching, and managing are many of the things that go into making a successful program. The more of these one can check off each year, generally the more successful one is. The fewer one checks off, generally the less successful one is.

• ShockerFever
                ShockerFever commented
                Editing a comment
                So DSB, is Todd Butler only in charge in one aspect of the program? Are you saying Steele was the blame in everything? Are you saying after 5 years, that Butler is doing a good job, but has run into some bad luck with hiring pitching coaches and scraping out wins?

You are the most CLUELESS person in Shockernet history.

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              Is the world flat?
              Depends on perspective. But even that is deceiving.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

That is a lot of stars for someone who doesnt care anymore. We have some pieces on the roster, and will bring in a Pitching coach to work with them. I do think it will benefit the program having Coach Steele gone. Although he did some good things overall, I dont think he was good for the team (see our agreement on MM last night).

I also think this looks bad from the outside looking in losing a coach right now, and if Coach Butler knew he was looking he should have just replaced him. Or maybe they couldnt afford even to replace the PC due to lack of funds in the baseball budget. Who knows.

I think this is step one into rebuilding Shocker Baseball. And hopefully the person they bring in personifies that.

ShockerFever
                One favor, dont rip this until we hire the PC. If I am wrong and we get some bum, I will eat crow. Call it a troll job, and say no one cares, but my family and I still spend money to travel to support the program. These kids care. Their parents care. Former players care. Lets see where this goes.
                So do you not want anyone to care? Is that what your goal is? If it's true, then you, Butler, and Boatright can have a nice circle-jerk together and give out high-fives for getting as many people not to care about WSU baseball as possible.

I must say. You're about as sick as they come to blind loyalty. Your relationship with Butler absolutely clouds any sort of reality that every comes and tries to engross you. You're so out of touch with everything, it's honestly hard to read your posts anymore because they are just so cringeworthy. It's honestly hard to tell whether you seriously believe what you type or you're performing one of the greatest sneaky troll jobs ever performed on this site.

You think it's a benefit to the program for a guy to leave a month before the season begins after knocking down a team ERA by nearly 2 runs in 2 years here?

DID YOU SERIOUSLY JUST STATE THAT THIS A STEP INTO REBUILDING SHOCKER BASEBALL? This is year ****ING SIX. There is NO rebuild. Just a complete and utter destruction of the entire baseball program. DO YOU HONESTLY NOT SEE THE RESULTS THE CURRENT HEAD COACH HAVE PERFORMED OVER THE LAST FIVE YEARS?

Eric Sexton is an idiot. Darren Boatright is a bigger idiot. And Todd Butler robbed this university out of everything. The day he steps off this campus then maybe perhaps we can start a rebuild with a big ass nuclear-sized bomb to clean out from.

Un-****ING-believable.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                Honestly who cares? This lame duck season and coach doesn't matter. We're just going through the motions this season until TB is fired and we can move forward. Got to call a spade.
                This may be the least attended season ever, and that's saying something given the last few years.

The responsibility all falls on the athletic director(s) who set up this robbery in the first place and then watched it swirl into the toilet. Couldn't even touch the handle and flush it. He just sits there watching the turds and brown water collect.

I'm very concerned that this same person will be doing the hiring. This program could be a complete nothing-burger in the foreseeable future given all the damage that has been done.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  Don't worry about it.
                  Worry about what? Baseball anymore?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Do not stir the pot. It breaks up the buds and then the small pieces clog up the screen in the bong.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                    X