Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Steele on The Roundhouse Podcast

https://wichitastate.tv/podcast/roun...h-mike-steele/

McGinness is the lock Friday starter. Barnhouse and Stuempfig likely 2 and 3 with Segal next. Miller Pleimann and Cal Carver are pushing them.

Steele is excited about the freshmen. He said they have 4-5 freshmen who are ready to go and will be significant contributors on the mound.

About the exhibition games: Said they basically went Johnny Wholestaff on the mound at Nebraska to get the everybody in the game. Didn't really care about winning. For Arkansas, they went out to win -- staff gave up 2 ER (on a first inning HR) and punched out 15 through 9 innings. Things went south in extra innings when Liam Eddy had a bad inning. He's not worried about Liam though. He added 19 lbs during the summer. Now they're reworking his mechanics to match his new body.

Said the Shocker Select and Shocker City Partnership programs (tuition discount programs) are getting them in on better Texas recruits.

Last edited by Wuzee; October 17, 2018, 01:25 PM.
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

I finally got to listen to it. It was very interesting listen. Liked how he said he wanted to come to WSU when he was a player, but just didn't have the skillset then. He does make you feel that this staff is capable of taking another big step forward.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      I finally got to listen to it. It was very interesting listen. Liked how he said he wanted to come to WSU when he was a player, but just didn't have the skillset then. He does make you feel that this staff is capable of taking another big step forward.
      Uh, you serious?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Uh, you serious?
        1be0a4620eaa532c7c785516fe4349a1.jpg
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
          https://wichitastate.tv/podcast/roun...h-mike-steele/

McGinness is the lock Friday starter. Barnhouse and Stuempfig likely 2 and 3 with Segal next. Miller Pleimann and Cal Carver are pushing them.
          Interesting that he named 6 starters and Liam Eddy, our #2 from last season isn't mentioned (although he was complimentary of him).

I kind of forgot about Stuempfig but that kid has talent. So does Carver. I struggle to think that all of those guys are going to be better than Eddy was last year and what I saw from Preston Snavely this fall. His arm was live and his breaking stuff nasty. By the same token, Segal, to me at least, won't be effective topping out at 85 with limited off speed control like he's shown. He either needs to throw harder to set up the off speed stuff or be able to throw that good deuce for a strike (not so far).

I do believe our pitching, if we stay mostly healthy, will continue it's upward trend next spring.

Comment

Working...
          X