• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connor Lungwitz transferring to Pitt State

Tyler Davis is transferring as well. Panola JC

Comment

Are either going to be a big loss? Just asking in general

Comment

I'm sure there are those on this board that would know a lot more on that than I, but I was a little surprised to see them leave.

Both were spot starters along with relief work. The team's ERA was 3.91 and Tyler was 3.66, better than any of the 3 regular starters. Teams had a high average against him, but some of that may have come from having 11 of his 32 runs against him being unearned and pitching to more hitters than he should have. Connor's ERA was 3.97, so about average for the team. Unlike Tyler, other teams only hit .219 against him and he allowed no HRs in 34 innings.

As I said, I was surprised by their leaving. But then, I've never understood the love affair with Snavely having the 3rd most starts either. 5.18 ERA, 29 walks in 40 innings with another 11 HBP. Yep, that's an average of a walk or a HBP each inning pitched. I know injuries played in this some of him starting so often.

Comment

Tyler Davis was one of the better pitchers on the staff as a FRESHMAN.

Comment

The recent trend in basketball is bleeding over to baseball.

Comment

If memory serves Connor was a very good quarterback. Maybe wants a chance to play a little football?

Tyler may want to go JUCO so he is draft eligible next year.

total spitballing but trying to look at from sunny side. Probable not the reasons but who knows.

Comment

I have inside information that his scholarship was cut without him being informed by the coaching staff. He found out via a financial aid letter.
                "You need to be standing on his toes when he's catching the ball. He's that good."- Gregg Marshall

Comment

• SB Shock
                  SB Shock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lungwitz or Davis?

• txkidsports
                  txkidsports commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That information does not sound right from what I know.

• Half Brother Dan
                  Half Brother Dan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lungwitz. And as for my source, I got it straight from the horse's mouth
                  Last edited by Half Brother Dan; July 12, 2018, 09:13 AM.

Originally posted by Half Brother Dan View Post
                I have inside information that his scholarship was cut without him being informed by the coaching staff. He found out via a financial aid letter.
                If true, thats pretty bad form. I can't see any reason to let either go, especially davis.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Brother Dan View Post
                  I have inside information that you're a lying sack of **** and wondering who the hell thought you should be allowed back here.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                X