No announcement yet.

Boatright 97.5 FM at 4:25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my limited interactions with him I have found him to have the numbest of nuts.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• BOBB
      BOBB commented
      Editing a comment
      Fwiw, I don't blame him for not firing Butler. Decisions like that are not made in a vacuum. But just kind of letting him linger like a bad fart?

Boatright is riding the coat tails of two coaches that were in place long before he arrived (Marshall and Lamb) who have brought national recognition to the university. He's clearly out of his league and I would argue has done nothing substantial to improve the athletic department, unless of course you want to give him credit for not sinking our two most successful sports at the moment. He played it safe with Butler and I'm starting to learn that he does not have the 'cajones' to be a top tier AD.

Comment

• Downtown Shocker Brown
      Downtown Shocker Brown commented
      Editing a comment
      Make stuff up. Make an outrageous assumption based on that made up info. Repeat.

• ShockerFever
      ShockerFever commented
      Editing a comment
      Why don't you go butter some more asscheeks?

• SHOCKvalue
      SHOCKvalue commented
      Editing a comment
      School presidents sail the ship of conference alignment.

I feel like that is stating the obvious, in a similar scale to saying that carbon is present on planet earth.

Personally I do think getting us into the AAC (a year sooner than most thought possible) is a very substantial accomplishment

Now is that move creating some financial stress and perhaps reducing his ability to freely maneuver? I'm not sure but that is certainly a possibility.

I wonder if Marshall would still be here if we had not successfully changed conferences?

Comment

Downtown Shocker Brown
      Downtown Shocker Brown commented

Really? “Has done nothing substantial to improve the athletic department”?!?!

Sorry, but can you remind me again what conference we are in?
      This comment forced me to make one final post in the baseball forum.

Darron Boatright had as much to do with us getting into the American Athletic Conference as I do with the rotation of the earth. Listen to me carefully as I will speak slowly...

Gregg Marshall is the reason we are in the AAC.

Gregg Marshall is the reason we are receiving record-breaking donations to the university.

Gregg Marshall is mostly the reason the entire campus is exploding with development (The Bardo receives much praise but neither would have been able to do it alone).

Gregg Marshall is the reason the NCAA tournament came to Wichita (He personally brought the committee in to tour IBA).

Gregg Marshall is the reason the massive athletic, academic student center is being built.

Gregg Marshall is the reason Wichita State has a basketball coach making nearly $4 million a year (let that marinate for a second or two).

The impetus for all the national status and community support that Wichita State currently enjoys is due to one man.

Bardo, through synergy and leverage, was able to harness the incredible enthusiasm that came from the Final Four run into what you see on campus today. He was almost able to revive serious discussion about bringing back football but that would have been a momentous feat. He shot for the stars and hit the moon. Maybe a national championship will be the ticket.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

This comment forced me to make one final post in the baseball forum.

Darron Boatright had as much to do with us getting into the American Athletic Conference as I do with the rotation of the earth. Listen to me carefully as I will speak slowly...

Gregg Marshall is the reason we are in the AAC.

Gregg Marshall is the reason we are receiving record-breaking donations to the university.

Gregg Marshall is mostly the reason the entire campus is exploding with development (The Bardo receives much praise but neither would have been able to do it alone).

Gregg Marshall is the reason the NCAA tournament came to Wichita (He personally brought the committee in to tour IBA).

Gregg Marshall is the reason the massive athletic, academic student center is being built.

Gregg Marshall is the reason Wichita State has a basketball coach making nearly $4 million a year (let that marinate for a second or two).

The impetus for all the national status and community support that Wichita State currently enjoys is due to one man.

Bardo, through synergy and leverage, was able to harness the incredible enthusiasm that came from the Final Four run into what you see on campus today. He was almost able to revive serious discussion about bringing back football but that would have been a momentous feat. He shot for the stars and hit the moon. Maybe a national championship will be the ticket.

T

...:cool:
        Bingo.

Marshall is the driving force behind all of that. Boatright is as relevant as a wallowing pigeon stumbling around for some crumbs on the side of a park bench. Anybody could have sat in that spot and all of the above things would have still happened.

There will not be a response to your post Cold. We call that "checkmate".
        Last edited by ShockerFever; June 2, 2018, 06:10 PM.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I missed the interview, maybe I'll try to find it today and listen. Judging from what I've read about it, ADDB seems to be sweeping this all under the rug, accurate so far? My guess, given what I've read, is that ADDB has been instructed/advised that the University does not have the money at present to make any moves. Being a good soldier, this is what is happening. I don't think anyone associated with the athletic department (at least I sincerely HOPE) is stupid where this baseball situation is concerned. Butler isn't the guy and I think everyone, including Butler knows this. That said, I think the friggin buyout is what is keeping HCTB's job right now, nothing more nothing less. Frustrating. Oh well...after they finish last in the conference next year, with horrid attendance, I presume it will be the right time to make a switch. I guess I can take a year off from paying attention to the collection of lads that occupies the field during baseball 'contests.' Some day the sun will rise...some day.

Comment

Working...
          X