• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boatright 97.5 FM at 4:25

This should be good.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

For out of towners wanting to stream what station is that?

I searched on my TuneIn app and can't locate.

Comment

From Will Kunkel.
    The athletic department will not make a statement.

I think this is the right move on both ends. It shows strong support for Butler and the AD won’t feed into crowd noise. #watchus

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      From Will Kunkel.
      Please stop quoting that know-nothing.

When’s his last day anyway?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Stickboy46
        Stickboy46 commented
        Editing a comment
        I hate to say it .. but "know-nothing" isn't the best description of him. He's an @ss that seems to like other state schools more than WSU, but he seems to be in the know with WSU lately.

• ShockerFever
        ShockerFever commented
        Editing a comment
        Him saying this is the “right” move means he knows nothing.

Good God, this is amateur.

He sounds incredibly uncomfortable, just like his predecessor. He wouldn’t be able to carry half of Jim Schaus’s jock strap.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

lol conference affiliation is labeled as an excuse. Yep, because Butler was dominating the Valley when we left.

I’m kinda mortified by this right now.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

He did say that he thinks this team underachieved for the talent that the team had.

Comment

Notice how he instantly perked up when they transitioned off baseball into other sports?
            Last edited by BostonWu; June 1, 2018, 04:44 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Well... I heard all I needed to hear in that interview.

Jesus H. Christ, Darron Boatright sounds like a clueless, rank amateur. I don't know if he was in the middle of a panic attack or struggling to belch up the remains from some massive animal he ingested for lunch, but his cadence was severely compromised. Everything about our AD's handle on the issue is exactly as suspected. This is a boy trying to do a man's job.

We need to find an AD befitting of a program like Wichita State, and we need to do it yesterday... #Overmatched

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                He did say that he thinks this team underachieved for the talent that the team had.
                So that means it's coaching right? Cool. So what did he do about it? Kept the coach for another year.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                  Notice how he instantly perked up when they transitioned off baseball into other sports?
                  Incredibly bad that this was picked up by a radio interview and not even a tv one. So he knew this was an awkward spot and still couldn't cover up his glaring uneasiness with the situation.

I think it's pretty clear we have Eric Sexton 2.0 on our hands and like Cold mentioned, he seems overmatched. Not good. Not good at all.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                    Well... I heard all I needed to hear in that interview.

Jesus H. Christ, Darron Boatright sounds like a clueless, rank amateur. I don't know if he was in the middle of a panic attack or struggling to belch up the remains from some massive animal he ingested for lunch, but his cadence was severely compromised. Everything about our AD's handle on the issue is exactly as suspected. This is a boy trying to do a man's job.

We need to find an AD befitting of a program like Wichita State, and we need to do it yesterday... #Overmatched

T

...:cool:
                    lol unfortunately for us you described the situation to a tee. And if it wasn't us, that would be absolutely hilarious. It's still hilarious the detail you described, but it just means we're behind the 8-ball here. A lot of midmajorness going on by a supposed high major AD.

I didn't realize how bad the situation was until this latest display of utter incompetence and lack of care.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I expected with the decision to retain Butler there should have been strong support with passion to back it up. All I picked up was there is little desire to do anything about the situation. The uncomfortable tone was tough to stomach.
                      Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

I would rather him have backed Butler with utmost confidence and bravado...I could have had more respect for both... But he did what he did... And for that reason I'll stuck to following Shocker Basketball

Comment

I think Boatright could have had, or could still yet have, a fabulous career in government.

I also think - absent any forces of nepotism or cronyism - the private sector would eat him up and then use his bones to pick its teeth clean.

He’s just one of those guys who strikes you as someone who fell ass-backwards into their position. For every step up the ladder.

God forbid Marshall ever moves on or retires under Boatright’s tenure. I don’t even want to think about that.

Comment

• Veritas
                            Veritas commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Boatright is a post turtle.
                        Working...
                        X