No announcement yet.

Todd Butler returning for 2019 baseball season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry DTSB, the expectation for recruits at Wichita State should be that we are going to compete for a College World Series appearance. That doesn't mean you make it every year or maybe you never get close. However that should be the expectation of the AD, the fan base, the coach and the players. If that isn't in line with your thinking then don't come here. The program is down in the dumps right now but that is the expectation. If you want to have an anominous college baseball experience go to Creighton or K-State.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
      Sorry DTSB, the expectation for recruits at Wichita State should be that we are going to compete for a College World Series appearance. That doesn't mean you make it every year or maybe you never get close. However that should be the expectation of the AD, the fan base, the coach and the players. If that isn't in line with your thinking then don't come here. The program is down in the dumps right now but that is the expectation. If you want to have an anominous college baseball experience go to Creighton or K-State.
      Those expectations are fine. But are we doing what we need to get there?

How close are we to finishing Phase 5?

How many fans are showing up?

How is fundraising going?

Many talk about the Chicken or the Egg. This is clearly a case of that. If we aren’t averaging 7,000 fans do we get Turgeon? Doubtful, which means we also don’t get Marshall.

There are many ways to support the program while expressing dissatisfaction with the current staff.

Send ADDB an e-Mail.

Comment

I posted this in the Draft thread, but will place it here as well.

Last Update:
        So, through all 40 rounds players drafted (# in front of school name is finish in league) (after # of players is the rounds in the draft, broken down by every 10 rounds with / ):

7th - WSU 11 (R: 1, 2, 6, 9, 9 / 16, 17 / 26, 30 / 32, 37)
        5th - UCF 8 (R: 5, 7 / 14, 19 / 26, 27, 29 / 37)

2nd - USF 4 (R: 1, 8 / 11, 15)

1st - UH 3 (13, 14 / 32)
        3rd - ECU 3 (R: 5, 11, 20)
        3rd - UConn 3 (R: 2, 11, 12)
        6th - Cincy 3 (R: 10 / 24, 29)
        8th - Tulane 3 (R: 4 / 25 / 35)
        9th - Memphis 3 (R: 2 / 31, 40)

Come to your own conclusions about this year's performance and next year's potential.

Edit: Sorry for the funky look, but the editing feature is not letting me make changes.
        Last edited by ShockTalk; June 6, 2018, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• ShockTalk
          ShockTalk commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry for the funky look, but the editing feature is not letting me make changes.

ShockTalk posted this in the Draft thread, but will place it here as well.

Last Update:
        So, through all 40 rounds players drafted (# in front of school name is finish in league) (after # of players is the rounds in the draft, broken down by every 10 rounds with / ):

7th - WSU 11 (R: 1, 2, 6, 9, 9 / 16, 17 / 26, 30 / 32, 37)
        5th - UCF 8 (R: 5, 7 / 14, 19 / 26, 27, 29 / 37)
        2nd - USF 4 (R: 1, 8 / 11, 15)
        1st - UH 3 (13, 14 / 32)
        3rd - ECU 3 (R: 5 / 11, 20)
        3rd - UConn 3 (R: 2 / 11, 12)
        6th - Cincy 3 (R: 10 / 24, 29)
        8th - Tulane 3 (R: 4 / 25 / 35)
        9th - Memphis 3 (R: 2 / 31, 40)

Come to your own conclusions about this year's performance and next year's potential.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
          1972Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          Cleaned it up for you. Hope you don't mind.

I think it is worth noting that 1 of the 11 "Shocker" draftees, Tyler Jones, was not on the Shocker roster this past season.

• ShockTalk
          ShockTalk commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. I just copy/paste and it added the spaces. I tried to edit but it wouldn't let me. Probably because of the copy/paste.

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Those expectations are fine. But are we doing what we need to get there?

How close are we to finishing Phase 5?

How many fans are showing up?

How is fundraising going?

Many talk about the Chicken or the Egg. This is clearly a case of that. If we aren’t averaging 7,000 fans do we get Turgeon? Doubtful, which means we also don’t get Marshall.

There are many ways to support the program while expressing dissatisfaction with the current staff.

Send ADDB an e-Mail.
        So you think an email will get the job done? A freaking email? LOL.

MONEY TALKS. Like it or not, money is the only thing Boatright cares about. If the same financial support is coming in, nothing else will matter. If the ATM machine starts running dry, that's when people start caring.

Fans don't show up to watch losers. Sorry. Fans gave the guy a chance the first couple of years, even during the losing. Now the fans either don't care or are tired giving money to a program where the administration simply doesn't care in return. They're tired of watching the constant failings of a guy that has never made it to the NCAA Tournament. EVER.

Attendance didn't bring Turgeon. Attendance didn't bring Marshall. Jim Schaus brought both of those guys. We had a competent AD combined with a support for new blood. The Butler experiment has failed. You are NEVER going to get anything out of that anymore. That tap has run dry. Blaming this fiasco on the fans is lazy and moronic. Bring in a new coach, particularly with Shocker ties, and I guarantee you al of your questions will get answered.

But mostly, stop ****ing blaming the fans with all of this.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
          When a product sucks you don't buy it.

A fundamental econ 101 lesson, understood in spirit all the way down to the animal kingdom.
          Some people clearly are having a hard time understanding this.

You don't blindly pour your money into something you don't believe in or something that has not shown a fair rate of return EVER.

Again, the personal relationship thing is absolutely drugging some of these people.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Re players: I wish KC Hunt and Phil Mendelson would not have quit. And Joe Griffin.

Comment

Working...
            X