No announcement yet.

2018 NCAA Tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dallas Baptist beat Southern Miss 9-4 but were then eliminated by Arkansas 4-3.

Comment

The Super Regionals are set and will begin Friday. Only 8 of the 16 national seeds made it through the regionals.

Playing on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (if necessary):

No. 14 Minnesota (44-13) at No. 3 Oregon State (47-10-1)

No. 11 Stetson (48-11) at No. 6 North Carolina (41-18)

Washington (33-23) @ Cal State Fullerton (35-23) - Both were the 3 seeds in their regionals - the only 3 seeds to make the Supers.

MIssissippi State (35-26) @ Vanderbilt (34-25)

Playing on Staturday, Sunday and Monday (if necessary):

Auburn (45-21) at No. 1 Florida (45-18)

Duke (44-16) at No. 9 Texas Tech (42-17

South Carolina (36-24) at No. 5 Arkansas (42-18)

Tennessee Tech (52-10) at No. 13 Texas (40-20) - Tennessee Tech beet Ole Miss twice on Monday to advance.

Representation by Conference:
      SEC - 6
      ACC - 2
      Big 12 - 2.
      PAC 12 - 2
      Big 10 - 1
      Big West - 1
      Atlantic Sun - 1
      Ohio Valley - 1

Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 5, 2018, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• shockfan89_
        shockfan89_ commented
        Editing a comment
        AAC or ACC?

• 1972Shocker
        1972Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        I new it was the ACC and I was thinking ACC and telling myself ACC and not AAC but my dumbass fingers just didn't listen.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 5, 2018, 05:23 PM.

• WuShock16
        WuShock16 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's why I always use "The American" and not "AAC."

But of course, you meant to say ACC in this case.

Mississippi State had quite a regional run . . .
      Beaten by OU 20-10 in 1st game.
      Down 2-0 with 2 outs in the 9th, beat FSU with a walk-off 3 run home run on FSU home field.
      Beats Sanford to go on and beat OU twice by big margins to win the regional. Wow.
      If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

In the Gainesville Super Regional, Florida beat Auburn with a couple of interesting things. With the game tied 1-1 with 2 outs and runners on 1st and 3rd, Florida got a run on a unique double steal.

The runner from 1st took off for second and fell down. While the pitcher was looking for a fielder to throw to for the easy out, the runner on third stole home.

The game later went into extra innings. Florida won on a walkoff homer that bounced off the right fielder's glove.
      Scroll down to the second video to see why the pitcher hesitated. The third video shows the right fielder assisting the ball over the fence.

https://sports.yahoo.com/florida-use...025735864.html
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Arkansas was 1 strike away from a national championship in the top of the 9th in Game 2 of the best of 3 finals tonight.

Arkansas had a 3-2 lead after 8 innings and their closer was on the mound for his 2nd inning of work. A lead off walk followed by a sac bunt and a ground out to 1st put an Oregon State runner on 3rd. The game almost came to an end on a foul pop up down the right field line that fell in between 3 players. It would have been tough play but but it was a catchable ball. With new life the Oregon State hitter singled sharply to tie the game. That was followed by a 2-run home run and Oregon State had a 5-3 lead. Arkansas failed to score in the 9th to force a 3rd and deciding game.

Comment

• Shocker85
        Shocker85 commented
        Editing a comment
        That was a very exciting game. Oregon State tried a mysterious squeeze play with no outs in the middle innings that was poorly executed by the hitter and the base runners and led to a double play and possibly tying the game or even taking the lead. The OSU kids kept battling, though.

The pitching was good by both sides and both teams have some talented players. The fun atmosphere of the CWS was fully evident on TV. I hope tonight's game is as good.

Commentary: the pace of college baseball games is terrible. 5-3 nine inning game took closer to four hours to play. Ugh!

I miss the trips to Omaha.

• 1972Shocker
        1972Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        I did not tune in until the Top of the 8th but I did hear the announcers talking about the botched OSU squeeze play.

Hopefully, this doesn't turn into 1988 for the Razorbacks.

As far as the pace of the games. I agree 100%. It's something that needs to be addressed.

Oregon State wins the deciding game 5-0 over Arkansas to pick up their 3rd CWS Championship since 2006. OSU Freshman Kevin Abel, after pitching 1 inning last night came back tonight with a 129 pitch, 9 inning complete game 2-hitter. Did not see tonight's game but saw him last night. This young man can pitch. Decent velocity and great movement. An outstanding curve ball and changeup. OSU's sophomore catcher was the CWS MOP with 17 hits and and a .567 batting average.

Abel looks like a 1st round draft pick already. Hopefully, OSU doesn't abuse this kid too much over the next couple of years.

Comment

I was really torn on what team to root for, don't really like Arkansas because of the way Shocker fans were treated there at the regional in 2004 but Oregon State lets a convicted child molester on roster?
        An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

It was a no-brainer for me. I was glad to see Arkansas and their hick fan base get skunked. Smoked bacon is good.

Comment

I was rooting for Arkansas; disappointed they failed to close the ninth inning in game 2.

Comment

• JJClamdip
              JJClamdip commented
              Editing a comment
              The three dude theory of Kemnitz strikes again!
          Working...
          X