WSU vs. USF (Part 2) - AAC Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU vs. USF (Part 2) - AAC Tournament

Shockers play USF this morning at 8 AM, with the winner facing UConn immediately after. Rain expected to roll in early this afternoon - should be able to get the AM games in without issue, semifinal matchups will be trickier.

Hopefully our guys bring their best today. Go Shocks!

Not a great start but all four WSU batters hit the ball hard. 1-0 top 2

dynamite play O’Brien to Eddy.

Comment

Down 1-0 after the 1st inning. Eddy worked out of a bit of a jam in the 1st which is nice to see. Need to have some easier innings, can't have 2 on with 1 out and a run already home again.

Shockers with a quick, 7-pitch, at-bat in the bottom half of the 1st. We did get a Bohm single and hit some balls hard. We are going to really miss his bat next year!

Comment

Really unlucky on the GRD. Should be 2-2.
        ump squeezing Liam a shade

Comment

WSU down 1-2 after 2 innings. We got lucky to score the unearned run by USF extending the inning on an error by 1B. We got screwed out of an additional run on Vickers ground-rule double that scored Dugas but would have also scored Gibson had it stayed in the park.

Comment

Another walk comes around to score. The pitchers this week just aren't giving themselves a chance with all the free passes.
            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

I expect this thread to slow to a crawl.

As we lay this regime to rest.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• ShockerFever
                ShockerFever commented
                Editing a comment
                Show me an anti-player post all year. Just one.

Not making post season, especially in year 5, is what I’d call “mediocre”. Not sure what your definition is.

Is this where you’re at in year 5 with first round draft picks? Just good enough to not make a regional?

7th place = not mediocre?

• Play Angry
                Play Angry commented
                Editing a comment
                lol do you really want a list of anti-player posts quoted for you? I will burn you to the ground and leave a pile of ashes on this one if you want.

Dayton Dugas, Tommy Barnhouse during his stint as closer, and others are readily available. Let me know.

• ShockerFever
                ShockerFever commented
                Editing a comment
                My bad.

I apologize to Tommy and Dayton. They are great players.

can't even turn a routine double play.

Comment

• Cdizzle
                Cdizzle commented
                Editing a comment
                Got another try at it, and made it work this time.

• shockfan89_
                shockfan89_ commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank goodness for swinging at 3-0 pitchers with runners at the corners and 1 out with your clean-up hitter on-deck!!! :)

• WuDrWu
                WuDrWu commented
                Editing a comment
                There was nothing routine about it. Slowly hit and might have been out anyway.

Really unlucky on the GRD. Should be 2-2.
              ump squeezing Liam a shade

Comment

Shox go down very quickly in the 4th.
                USF goes down very quickly in the 5th.

USF isn't likely to be done scoring. WSU needs to get something going offensively soon.

Comment

McGinness comes on for a not struggling Davis. Not sure I understand this move.

McGinness gets 2 outs in 3 pitches to close the USF 6. Shox have slowed down USF, but are scuffling at the plate.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    McGinness comes on for a not struggling Davis. Not sure I understand this move.
                    Perhaps wanting to keep as many guys avialable as possible for 2 or 3 inning stints if they happen to rally and stay in the tournament.

Comment

• Cdizzle
                      Cdizzle commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I suppose

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Perhaps wanting to keep as many guys avialable as possible for 2 or 3 inning stints if they happen to rally and stay in the tournament.
                    Uh...it's an elimination game. You don't hold anything back. but I suppose I don't understand many things this staff does.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                      1972Shocker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That is true but if you don't score any runs it really doesn't matter how you handle your pitching staff I guess. In the Shockers situation winnintg this game is only important in that it keeps them alive. If they don't win the tournament they are probably done. So they need to focus on the ultimate goal as well as winning this game.

Still 4-1 USF, top of the 7th. Shocker bats quiet since the 2nd.

Comment

Tyler on in relief.

Comment

Working...
                      X