AAC All-Conference Honors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAC All-Conference Honors

Gunnar Troutwine and Luke Ritter are representing the Shocks on the All-AAC 1st team and Alec Bohm is on the 2nd team. Not especially that outcomes that would have been anticipated at the beginning of the season. Performance in AAC games seemingly carrying the most weight which probably should be the case.

Nevertheless, congratulations to Gunnar, Luke and Alec.

I suspect Alec will get more tangible recognition once the MLB drafts gets here as most likely will Greyson Jenista. I think Gunnar will be drafted but as a senior he doesn't have much leverage. Not sure what Luke's draft stock will be like. Would not surprise me if he gets drafted in the mid to later rounds.

CLEARWATER, Fla. – Three Wichita State baseball student-athletes have earned all-conference honors in their first season in the American Athletic Conference.

While Alec Bohm did not make the All-AAC 1st team he is the only AAC player among the 25 semi-finalists for the Golden Spikes Award. Darren Dreifort, in 1993, is the only Shocker to win this award.

http://goshockers.com/news/2018/5/21...kes-award.aspx

Fans can vote up to 25 times per day although the fan voting only accounts for 5% fo final selection.

You can vote here by clicking on the player's card and clicking the red vote button. I have cast my 25 votes today for Alec. Not sure if you can get around the limit by going incognito but since it only accoutns for 5% probalby not worth the effort.

On May 21, the Advisory Board will trim the number of players down and USA Baseball will announce the 25 semifinalists. Beginning with the announcement of semifinalists, a ballot will be sent to the Golden Spikes Award voting body consisting of national baseball media, select professional baseball personnel, previous Golden Spikes Award winners and select USA Baseball staff, totaling a group of over 200 voters. From Monday, May 21 through Sunday, June 3, the voting body will select three semifinalists from the ballot to be named as Golden Spikes Award finalists and fan voting will simultaneously be open on GoldenSpikesAward.com. Fans will have the opportunity to vote up to 25 times per day for their favorite semifinalists. Selections made by the Golden Spikes Award voting body will carry a 95% weight of each athlete's total, while fan votes will account for the remaining 5%.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 21, 2018, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Stetson's Logan Gilbert and the Shockers' Alec Bohm could pass for brothers not only facially but Gilbert is listed at 6-6, 225 and Alec is listed at 6-5, 220 (although Kennedy usually reports Alex at 6-6 on his broadcasts).

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        While Alec Bohm did not make the All-AAC 1st team he is the only AAC player among the 25 semi-finalists for the Golden Spikes Award. Darren Dreifort, in 1193, is the only Shocker to win this award.
        The Glory Days only seem that long ago.

Congratulations to Bohm

Comment

• 1972Shocker
          1972Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          A Freudian slip no doubt.

Just cast my 25 votes for today.

Comment

Another 25 votes added to Alec's bucket.

Comment

Alec Bohm's final home run as a Shocker. That one certainly won't diminish him in the eyes of MLB scouts.

Comment

I really feel lukewarm seeing things like that. I feel players like Bohm and Jenista were totally wasted here as they never got to experience an NCAA regional. Players of that caliber, especially in the same class, should never go through college without even making 1 NCAA Tournament. So, so sad. And another reason a change MUST be made.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Alec will get a pretty good consolation prize coming June 4th.

MLB.com baseball analyst Jim Callis has Alec going to the Phillies with the 3rd pick.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mock-draft-...ly/c-278228058

3. Phillies: Alec Bohm, 3B, Wichita State

All of the teams in the top four are doing their due diligence on Bohm, the consensus best college position player in terms of hitting for both average and power. Philadelphia almost certainly will take a college performer, with Oregon State second baseman Nick Madrigal and Singer the other leading candidates.

BleacherReport.com also has him at #3 in their mock draft:

3. Philadelphia Phillies: Alec Bohm, 3B, Wichita State

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...eeks-remaining

Bohm is an advanced hitter who generates good power without getting pull-happy or selling out. His lack of range and arm strength will likely lead to a move across the diamond to first base, but there's no question he has the offensive profile to fit thereā€”or anywhere else on the field.

Not sure what Greyson Jenista's draft stock is currently but I suspect it is still pretty good and expect him to go in the early rounds and to get a decent signing bonus.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 27, 2018, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Comment

Bump.

Comment

Alec Bohm has been named a second team All-American by Baseball America.

WICHITA, Kan. – Wichita State baseball student-athlete Alec Bohm has been named a second team All-American by Baseball America.

Comment

Working...
                      X