Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

This post gives me hope.
    It shouldn’t. He is going to be a round 1-3 pick and is going.

Comment

So why mention it? This is a pitcher "considering" WSU that has little intention of ever going to college.

This is the kind of remark that I am tired of hearing from the AD and HCTB. Things are looking up next year, if everyone we are recruiting signs with us, and turns out to be as good as billed, and we have no injuries, and everyone else has a down year, and we get amazing fan support, and we get pre-seaon accolades, and media love, and a high early season ranking, and we play a weak schedule, then we will make a regional. You're not a true fan if you don't get on-board and show your support right now.
      Last edited by shockfan89_; May 19, 2018, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
        So why mention it? This is a pitcher "considering" WSU that has little intention of ever going to college.

This is the kind of remark that I am tired of hearing from the AD and HCTB. Things are looking up next year, if everyone we are recruiting signs with us, and turns out to be as good as billed, and we have no injuries, and everyone else has a down year, and we get amazing fan support, and we get pre-seaon accolades, and media love, and a high early season ranking, and we play a weak schedule, then we will make a regional. You're not a true fan if you don't get on-board and show your support.
        Its a message board. The kid was watching the game with my son.

Comment

Then mention the complete story.

A top 50 pitcher, who will likely sign pro, is considering WSU. Oh, and he made that comment when watching the WSU game with my son.

The comment was intended to give more false sense of hope that our program is going in the right direction. It just isn't true.

With this many JRs and SRs that have started for several seasons, we should be competing for a conference championship and regional host. Instead we are competing to see who will be seeded last in the conference tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

It shouldn’t. He is going to be a round 1-3 pick and is going.
            Then WTF was the point of your post?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Some of these pumpers will fight til the very end, no matter how STUPID they look.

Blind.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

LMFAO
                Hey, I figure if the coaches relatives are finding it necessary to post this last ditch kind of stuff on fan message boards, there might actually be a little heat in the kitchen. It's not a lot, but it's enough to provide a little hope.

Comment

Hey, I figure if the coaches relatives are finding it necessary to post this last ditch kind of stuff on fan message boards, there might actually be a little heat in the kitchen. It's not a lot, but it's enough to provide a little hope.
                  More people making **** up. Just keep repeating. Eventually others will believe it.

Pretty sad the state of this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

More people making **** up. Just keep repeating. Eventually others will believe it.

Pretty sad the state of this board.

A reflection of the program, I suppose.

Comment

I see the Tulane game is weather delayed. If Tulane doesn't play their game then even if we win, we would still finish in 8th because Tulane would have a better winning percentage due to our tie.

Comment

• Play Angry
                        Play Angry commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Are you sure this is how the mechanics work? My understanding was that the tie does not factor negatively (or positively) into win % because that would categorize a tie as a loss for practical purposes, and the end result is as if the game was not actually played except for SoS. That would send the tiebreaker to H2H, where we have the edge.

If MK or others indicated otherwise I'd be curious.

• 1972Shocker
                        1972Shocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The way the AAC lists the Shocks' winning percentage they are counting the tie as half a win and half a loss.

• Play Angry
                        Play Angry commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If that is the case, then for two teams finishing 9-14 and 9-14-1, the latter would finish ahead of the former.

On the flipside, if the records were reversed to 14-9 and 14-9-1, then the former would finish ahead of the latter.

Not really a big deal but that is an interesting way to deal with a tie.

Rain delay in our game or just lightning? Don't know where the stadium is relative to the storm, and missed the radio.

Comment

Radar seems to suggest there's a good chance we'll get our game in and no chance UCF Tulane will happen, at least from the untrained eye.

I assume Tulane is staying in Florida and busing to Tampa instead of flying home for 1 day. I'd bet my arm on it. I wonder if that leaves open the possibility of playing tomorrow?

My next post will be from Florida. Go Shocks!

Comment

A reflection of the program, I suppose.
                          Dizz with the KO.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

First pitch slated for 3:30.

Comment

Right now the AAC Standings Show:

Tulane 9-14 0.391 (9-23 = 0.391)

Wichita State 8-14-1 0.370 (8.5/23 = 0.370)

If the Tulane's game is cancelled and the Shockers win the Shocks will have a winning % of 0.396 (9.5/24 = .396) and they will be the 7th seed.

The only way Tulane is the 7th seed is if the Shockers lose or Tulane gets their game in and they win.

Comment

Working...
                              X