Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C Lowell signed

Per Callis:

Marlins sign Charlie Lowell. Steal in 6th rd. WichitaState LHP is 6-ft-4/245, has 90-95 mph fastball, solid slider.

Re: C Lowell signed

Originally posted by lawmaker
    Per Callis:

Marlins sign Charlie Lowell. Steal in 6th rd. WichitaState LHP is 6-ft-4/245, has 90-95 mph fastball, solid slider.
    Took long enough, hopefully that means he got what he deserved bonus wise. Good luck to him and his professional career. With a little luck (staying healthy mainly) he has the stuff to move up.

Comment

Good luck to Charlie. He has an extremely high ceiling.

Comment

good for him. He pretty much accomplished all he could at WSU.

Comment

Good lucky Charlie your an ACE in my book
          First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

The official website of the Miami Marlins with the most up-to-date information on scores, schedule, stats, tickets, and team news.

Marlins still show Charlie unsigned.
            First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Interesting. If that list is current the Marlins have only signed 1 of their top 7 picks. Are the Marlins intent on conserving cash?

Comment

Originally posted by shock10
                http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/team/draft.jsp?c_id=fla

Marlins still show Charlie unsigned.
                BA shows Charlie signed, so I would say it is just the Marlins not caring about keeping their website updated.

Comment

New Shocker roster Charlie is taken off along with Grant Muncrief. Is Grant not coming back?

The roster has 25 along with the 12 recruits puts the Shocks at 37. If Brandon Bargas is going to Rogers State and Kale Gaden is going to play in Oklahoma City then they are down to 35.

Comment

The Zephyrs, Suns, Hammerheads, Grasshoppers and more are discussed here. Featuring geemoney's daily minor league updates.

See Post #23 on this thread by ProphLeet.

I'm a friend of Charlie's and have been following his career very carefully. He was the top prospect in the Summer College ball Jayhawk League after blowing scouts away at the NBC World Series after hitting 97 several times on a hot gun. Charlie was supposed to go late 1st / early 2nd but kept slipping because he wouldn't sign for slot $$$. He was the MVC pitcher of the year this year, 3rd team All-American and was top 10 in the country in KOs and KOs/ip, His fastball is consistently 92-93 with tons of late movement from 1st inning all the way to the 8th & 9th. Slider is very sharp at 80-81 and when command is on he is nearly unhittable. Many of his earned runs this year were given up by relievers (I would estimate half or so). He went on something like a 33 inning scoreless streak early in the year, had a little trouble in the middle of the year, which is when many of his inherited runs were given up, and then settled in to finish the year very strong.

Charlie is an absolute steal in the 6th round and especially for just the 200K signing bonus he signed for. I predict he will be fast-tracked to the big club. He will pitch a little in short season, then next season he will spend a couple of months in A, and finish the year in AA. By his 2nd full year he will probably finish in AAA and possibly be called up for a short stint in the Bigs.

Comment

I can't help but wonder why WSU struggles when we can recruit and develop a big league pitcher.

Gene's contract is up in 2014, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                        http://soflamarlins.com/showthread.php?t=4017

See Post #23 on this thread by ProphLeet.

Charlie was supposed to go late 1st / early 2nd but kept slipping because he wouldn't sign for slot $$$.
                        The guy frankly sounds full of it. Why would you refuse to sign for slot in the first or 2nd round to allow yourself to drop and then sign for slot(as a 6th rounder).

Comment

Working...
                        X