No announcement yet.

Shocks at UCF For 3-Game AAC Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal, we are going to have a Top 10 non-con RPI and miss the damn tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
      Interesting technique by the WSU pitchers: walk (or plunk) the bases full, then get yourself yanked for a reliever who comes in with a can of lighter fluid and a match and immediately empties them. I've been watching and listening to baseball forever, or so it seems, and I'm pretty sure I've never encountered a case where a team gave up eight runs on only two hits.

Kind of poetic justice for Killgore after blowing up Heuer's line, though -- he set himself up for the same treatment from Keller. Is that the worst bullpen work of the college season, or what?
      Would it make you feel better if you knew one of the two hits should have been an inning-ending double play instead of a triple?

Comment

BTW, Shox take some UCF charity to draw within 8-4 heading to the bottom of the 7th

Comment

After getting it to 8-4, Shox decide to try the ole leadoff walk. To the surprise of no one, that run scored. 7 of UCF's 9 runs reached with a free pass.

Comment

UCF polishes it off, 9-5.

WSU falls to 4-9 in AAC play. Running out of time to make up much ground.

Comment

ShockerFever, that ugly bird, bad juju is still happenin'. I said you should keep it for the KU game (because that when it has good juju), but get rid of it afterwards.

Comment

Wasn't able to follow the game tonight. That was probably a blessing. The 3rd and 4th innings must have been painful. Not sure what happens to this Shocker team in AAC play. Hope they can start turning this around tomorrow. Hopefully Tyler Davis will be up to the task in the 1st weekend start of his career.

Comment

There is no real difference in field dimensions or base path lengths. The pitchers are basically the same wherever they go. So the only explanation for the terrible road trips is that the players are not taken care of. Do they sleep on the floors or eat at the local gas station? Are there bed checks? The only quality road trip has been McNeese and we know they were treated pretty good there. Does the program need money to ensure the players eat and have a bed to themselves? These are big men I hope they aren't sharing a little bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Linus View Post
                    There is no real difference in field dimensions or base path lengths. The pitchers are basically the same wherever they go. So the only explanation for the terrible road trips is that the players are not taken care of. Do they sleep on the floors or eat at the local gas station? Are there bed checks? The only quality road trip has been McNeese and we know they were treated pretty good there. Does the program need money to ensure the players eat and have a bed to themselves? These are big men I hope they aren't sharing a little bed.
                    So lack of quality food and players forced to share small beds is what your are hanging with?

Comment

• Linus
                      Linus commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yep! What else is there? Do the players skills just leak out their ears? I get that road trips are suppose to be tough. That's why there is a thing called home field advantage. But the shocks have never been good on the road.

• SB Shock
                      SB Shock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Saying the shox have “never been good on the road” ...... well never is a long time and many of us have seen the shox thrive on the road against great teams. The road woes probably speaks to the mental toughness of this team and less about beds and food. Some of the best shocker teams only ate McDonalds on road trips.

• Linus
                      Linus commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Never in the Butler era. Couldn't agree with you more on the mental toughness challenge of todays player at all levels. Some have it, most don't! Nutrition of todays youth and the lack of rest is a national issue and baseball players are not exempt from it. Having been around this age group in much more stressful situations I can tell you good nutrition, rest and good leadership always paid dividends.

Linus needs his blanket......quickly.

Comment

• Linus
                      Linus commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Never leave home with out it. Security is real.

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                    ShockerFever, that ugly bird, bad juju is still happenin'. I said you should keep it for the KU game (because that when it has good juju), but get rid of it afterwards.
                    ST, I'm afraid my avatar is not powerful enough to overcome the Butler Effect.

For proof, I'll change my avatar and you'll see the future results.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

lol, where'd everyone go?

Shox get a homer in the top of the 1st by Ritter, but then give up 4 in the bottom half, 2 unearned by throwing errors.

Let's sign Butler for an extension. I like where this is going.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Not a great start for the Shocks. Luke Ritter homered for the Shocks to lead off the game but it went down hill form there. Shocks down 1-4 at the end of the 1st.

Comment

Dayton Dugas gets the Shocks back into the game with a 2-run homer in the top fo the 2nd to make it 4--3. Now we need to pitch a little bit and play some decent defense.

Comment

Reverse the Curse.
                            The Butler is simply coaching to his capabilities. WTF was Sexton/Boatright thinking when they hired this clown. Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                            X