#24 WSU hosts Central Arkansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #24 WSU hosts Central Arkansas

Back to back mid-week games on tap as the Shocks look to right the ship this week. Our pitching staff has been ravaged by injuries the last few weeks, so it will be interesting to see what we piece together for these games.

WSU enters at 24-9 and an RPI of 15, coming off a 2-2 week against Oklahoma State and UConn. Central Arkansas enters at 22-13 and an RPI of 135, coming off a 4-0 week against a Arkansas Pine Bluff and UT-Martin. WSU won at UCA 9-6 on March 27.

Weather forecast calls for highs of 86 on Tuesday and 70 on Wednesday, so finally there will be no excuses for lackluster crowds. Hopefully our fans show up and our guys can put together a couple wins to close out the home stand.

Go Shocks!
    Last edited by Play Angry; April 16, 2018, 01:55 PM.

I dunno, the UConn disappointment might be enough to keep larger crowds at bay. I was planning on going Tuesday or Wednesday but I’m kinda meh about it now.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• WuDrWu
      WuDrWu commented
      Editing a comment
      It keeps fans like you from attending. I hope most aren't like that.

• ShockerFever
      ShockerFever commented
      Editing a comment
      Well Doc, I guess I'm just a bad fan then, despite the majority of my lifetime I've spent following the teams and throwing down the dollars annually for it.

Maybe I shouldn't even bother following the remainder of the season.

• Play Angry
      Play Angry commented
      Editing a comment
      Nah, head out to Eck stadium for a couple games with great weather instead. There are a lot worse ways to spend the evening than sitting on the hill and splitting a six pack when it's nice out.

I don't really get it - first team with a chance at an at-large bid in a decade, 70+ degree weather, 23-9 record with an RPI of 15. Not like anyone's asking folks to stroke a 5 figure check as a show of support - just maybe attend a few games for a team that has massively, massively overachieved so far in every sense.

If folks are holding their breath for a team to first prove that they are the 1989-1998 teams reincarnated before they'll show up, our fan base isn't as good as I like to hope. I understand the crap figures for butts in seats the last 3 seasons - year to date, weather has sucked and that certainly factors in. No excuses now - whether it's baseball, volleyball, hoops or whatever other sport, a team with this profile deserves tremendous fan support at this stage in the season.

Comment

• WuDrWu
      WuDrWu commented
      Editing a comment
      So well said.

I gave them good fan support when they sucked so I don't feel bad missing some games right now. ;)

Comment

This might help out with Wednesday's attendance for the KU game:

Go Shockers‏ @GoShockers

WEDNESDAY = 50¢ HOT DOGS @GoShockersBSB vs Kansas 6:00pm @ Eck Stadium Tickets—https://bit.ly/2IEROzQ

10:13 AM - 16 Apr 2018

Comment

Game Notes (combined for UCA and KU games) posted. Preston Snavely gets the nod tomorrow, TBD for Wednesday against KU. Central Arkansas will run out Gavin Stone (RHP, 1-1, 2.45) in a rematch of the starters from the March 27 contest. I would happily take the same result.

Hopefully Preston's control is there tomorrow, we really need him to log 5 if at all possible given our injury situation with 2 mid-week games.

Comment

2 walks and an error have the bases loaded with 2 out in the first for UCA.

Snavely gets out of it with a strikeout.

Comment

Shocks have Stone on the ropes in the 1st. 1-0 WSU, bases juiced with 1 out.

Croft drives in 2 with a single, 3-0 Shocks.

Comment

Shocker hitters liking the warm weather? More fun to hit when you feel your hands I guess.

Comment

4-0 on a DeBacker single. Shocks have knocked UCA's starter out, boom.

1 out, still 1st and 2nd for Boyer. Hitters bringing it tonight.

Comment

Well Preston has been staked to a pretty good lead, let's see if he can settle in and eat some innings when we really need it.

Comment

1-2-3 2nd inning for Preston, very nice. 4-0 to the bottom of the 2nd.

Comment

Good start. Would be great for Snavely to eat some significant innings. A big lead makes one less nervous while he is pitching.

Comment

This is really fun to watch, Shocks bringing a terrific effort tonight. 6-0 to the bottom of the 3rd.

Comment

Perhaps Dayton's best role is a pinch hitter/DH against left handed pitching. Seems to handle them much better than righties.

Comment

Working...
                          X