Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unranked 5'5" shortstop out of Oklahoma:

PrepBaseball profile

No useful info on his PerfectGame profile.

Comment

A little bit of statistical info:

Comment

• RoyalShock
        RoyalShock commented
        Editing a comment
        He struck out 17 in 7.1 innings of work this year (at least that's all that's recorded on MaxPreps), so maybe Pelfrey recruited him as a pitcher.

He pitches as well:

Comment

5'5" dude. Hilarious.

Good lord I hope he kills it.

Comment

• WstateU
          WstateU commented
          Editing a comment
          He'll probably be a first team All-American and break Mark Standiford's homerun record. :)

• WSUwatcher
          WSUwatcher commented
          Editing a comment
          Or the second Kevin Hooper...

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        5'5" dude. Hilarious.

Good lord I hope he kills it.

https://twitter.com/PBR_Oklahoma/sta...10079943446529
        Like the comment from another coach saying he's the best SS in the state.

Comment

At his position, if he has the range and speed, height is not that important. Besides, I suspect the Shox view him as a pitching prospect.

Comment

Hibbs: "We're not going to over-recruit. We're not going to sign 25, 30 guys every signing period. We're going to try to focus in on the guys we want and the guys we need to fill the holes that we have."
            "We're going to probably end up playing Nebraska and Creighton home and home. We're going to continue to play Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State. Keep those traditional rivalries alive. Oral Roberts."

Comment

• WSUwatcher
              WSUwatcher commented
              Editing a comment
              Sounds to me like an improved approach. Wedge's Shockers may not be as tall as Butler's (who presumably would never have benefited from guys like Hooper, Forbes, and Standiford; or Charlie Giaudrone on the mound) -- but they'll play better and smarter and likely put up much better records.

Middle infielder and leadoff type. Not here for pitching

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
              At his position, if he has the range and speed, height is not that important. Besides, I suspect the Shox view him as a pitching prospect.
              He might end up playing 2nd. I can remember a few vertically challenged players that played 2nd for the Shocks. Standiford, Blasi and Hooper come to mind.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 17, 2019, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                Hibbs: "We're not going to over-recruit. We're not going to sign 25, 30 guys every signing period. We're going to try to focus in on the guys we want and the guys we need to fill the holes that we have."
                https://goshockers.com/news/2019/7/1...ren-hibbs.aspx
                Not related to recruiting but a couple of points later in the interview. May play 1 or 2 games a year in the new dowtown minor league park. Also Scooter said new turf would be installed after this coming fall season.

Comment

• Cdizzle
                  Cdizzle commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes. I HIGHLY recommend giving a listen to that podcast. Great content.

Very much want to play a game downtown and the feeling from downtown is mutual.

Comment

Korben Ford's Resume ...
                  • Four-time 2A State Champ (including two with incoming juco stud Jake Hamilton).
                  • Varsity player since 8th grade.
                  • Hit a leadoff homer in the state championship game and had a two-out, bases-loaded squeeze bunt to plate the winning run and complete a 34-0 season.
                  • Honorable mention All-State.
                  • Played for a coach called "Billy Jack Bowen."
                  What's not to like?

https://oklahoman.com/article/563131...efeated-season
                  “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Cdizzle
                    Cdizzle commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Looks like a winner. I like winners.

• WstateU
                    WstateU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yep, they don't have to be 6' tall to be a "winners"...

• 1972Shocker
                    1972Shocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They sure didn't hold back on the dog pile.

Comment

• DUShock
                    DUShock commented
                    Editing a comment

(Billy Jack is surrounded by several men that work for Posner)
                    Mr. Posner: You really think those Green Beret Karate tricks are gonna help you against all these boys?
                    Billy Jack: Well, it doesn't look to me like I really have any choice now, does it?
                    Mr. Posner: (laughing) That's right, you don't.
                    Billy Jack: You know what I think I'm gonna do then? Just for the hell of it?
                    Mr. Posner: Tell me.
                    Billy Jack: I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face...
                    (points to Posner's right cheek)
                    Billy Jack: ...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it.

Mr. Posner: Really?
                    Billy Jack: Really.
                    (kicks Posner on the right side of his head, knocking him off his feet)

You can fill a whole roster of position players with kids that play or played short stop and it would be fine wth me. Ask me what position I played

Comment

• Cdizzle
                    Cdizzle commented
                    Editing a comment
                    3rd bench?

Per twitter: Shox got a 2020 commit from Gage Williams, a 5-11 catcher from Sapulpa, OK.
                  “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Working...
                  X