Recruiting - Class of 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    Some of these folks are not making this decision themselves. I think we're going to see less recruits committing to the program and less folks around the program in the Fall.
    Last edited by Diggum; June 28, 2019, 10:06 AM. Reason: Truth...however Figueroa is a 4 yr SS somewhere...the recruiting footprint will move out of Texas...not saying that is good or bad...just what is happening...

Comment

Former 2020 commit Garrett Anglim has jumped to Nebraska.
      Last edited by Wuzee; July 1, 2019, 02:27 PM.
      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Could be that HCEW told the recruits how he was going to coach and what his expectations were for them. Some recruits may not have appreciated that message, and decided it would be best for them to look elsewhere. I don't think it's really hard to understand how some recruits may not fit with HCEW's style and with how the program will be run in the future.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Most guys that were signing up were signing up for .450 ball, conference cellar dwellar, and a chance at becoming a draft pick. That has a place. It shouldn't be at WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            Most guys that were signing up were signing up for .450 ball, conference cellar dwellar, and a chance at becoming a draft pick. That has a place. It shouldn't be at WSU.
            Yep. I’m not sure how good of talent was being assembled to lure guys into a program that was perpetually losing in front of tens of fans per game.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

If they don’t want to be here then I’m glad they’re not coming. Maybe several of these guys got the same message that there wouldn’t be a spot for them next year unless they performed.

Comment

no problem with the transfers and decommits.. must be a two way street - and yes i'm sure that the expectations went exponentially higher. Hopefully the kids that are/want to be here are ready to work.

there are a lot of schools in american football, basketball, and baseball that meddle toward the middle or bottom of the conference that churn out high draft picks. i'd like to see that with a product that gets the alums excited. i'm excited about wedge but concerned like those in memphis were with penny.

for some reason, i think that we're worrying for something to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggum View Post
                  I’d be surprised if we don’t continue to recruit out of North Central Texas. It’s part of the I 35 corridor and a close drive and those students (along with Oklahoma, KC and Dever etc. ) can pay in state tuition. I think numbers wil be less and Wedge will make clear a dual commitment to and from WSU to those who commit. I also think he will emphasize and sxpect toughness and resolve. Therefore, there will be fewer commits who compete to be on the team but that competitiveness will be an expectation and demand to remain on the roster.

Comment

Good points

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      Does anyone have information as to whether this player is still committed? If I'm thinking right, this is for next year (2020), the upcoming year.

Comment

His twitter still lists him as a 2020 WSU commit so I would assume so.

Comment

Jace Kaminska was playing on campus this past weekend:

Comment

Also, Kaminska was named the 2019 Gatorade Kansas Baseball POY.

His season ERA was 0.00.

His consecutive strikeouts record ended at 32. It's the 2nd longest ever in the nation, which was 33.
                            Last edited by RoyalShock; July 9, 2019, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Hopefully he'll be walking to the 3rd base dugout in the coming years.

Comment

Its starting to look like his chances of being drafted are going up. He might not make it here. I hope he does what doc said.

Comment

• B&Gpassion
                                B&Gpassion commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Circumstances like this are where we couldn't be in better hands than with Wedge and Pelfrey. Absolutely the best possible mix you could hope for. Pelfrey had a very difficult decision to make himself coming out of HS, I trust this staff to put us in the best possible position to get players here. And, if they believe the young man needs to go start making money they will tell him that. Then there's the IT factor of playing and developing under a former MLB manager and pitcher....can it get any more attractive for a prospect like Kaminska?? I think not.
                            Working...
                            X