Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional Projections

Baseball America released their latest projections (3/28):

Crazy to not only see us in it, but as a 2 seed. Would be really something to be hosting again.

The halfway mark of the regular season is fast approaching, and Selection Monday is about two months away. There is still a lot of baseball left to be played, but it is time to start breaking down the postseason picture.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

More than 1/3 of our remaining schedule against teams projected in the tourney. We're about to find out if we belong or not.

Comment

Well, I'm glad I wasn't the one to get the cart before the horse on this topic, but I'll jump on with a question - what do you think (or know) it takes to host? Clearly we have the facilities to do so, but is being ranked inside the Top 15 enough at the end of the season?

Comment

It's the selection committee. They'll be looking at metrics and records and strength of schedules etc. You can pretty much count on a minimum of 5 SEC host sites, 3 ACC, 1 Big12 and 2 PAC12. That's 11 of 16 sites spoken for. I'd venture a guess those 4 conferences squeeze out 1 more somewhere (at least) leaving 4 for everyone else. Big 10 really only has Indiana as an option, but there are a bunch of other teams that host outside those 4 conferences. The Big12 isn't very top heavy this year, so going 5-2 at worst (6-1 probably needed) in our non-con vs B12 would be a good start. Unless we just cannibalize each other, I would think that our conference would be ripe to get a host site. Fun to at least think about again.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
          Well, I'm glad I wasn't the one to get the cart before the horse on this topic, but I'll jump on with a question - what do you think (or know) it takes to host? Clearly we have the facilities to do so, but is being ranked inside the Top 15 enough at the end of the season?
          If WSU is in the Top 16, I think it would be a lock to host. It is possible that being in the top 20-25 they could still host as a 2 seed if they are looking for a centralized mid-west site.

Wsu just needs to win and win a lot. It be nice to see some energy back at the Eck.

Comment

What is fan attendance like lately?
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Paid attendance about 1,700.

Comment

I've attended every game except SIUE and attendance is dismal.Paid attendance and actual are no where close.We were outnumbered when Nebraska came to town.Honestly though I don't mind being one of like 200 there.Kind of peaceful.

Comment

Originally posted by tru2thaduce View Post
                  I've attended every game except SIUE and attendance is dismal.Paid attendance and actual are no where close.We were outnumbered when Nebraska came to town.Honestly though I don't mind being one of like 200 there.Kind of peaceful.
                  I'm guessing things are about to start changing.

Comment

I hope so. OU fans outnumbered WSU fans. So did Nebraska. Hell UTA's friends and family were competitive in the noise department. These guys are competing, and they deserve our support.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

If WSU is in the Top 16, I think it would be a lock to host. It is possible that being in the top 20-25 they could still host as a 2 seed if they are looking for a centralized mid-west site.

Wsu just needs to win and win a lot. It be nice to see some energy back at the Eck.

When is the last time a #2 hosted because the NCAA wanted a host in a certain region?

Comment

If we win this series I expect us to be listed as a host next time the projections come out.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog View Post

When is the last time a #2 hosted because the NCAA wanted a host in a certain region?
                          Or when a national seed has to go to a non-national seed to play because said national seed has moronic athletic department.

Comment

• Play Angry
                            Play Angry commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Heh.

2008. Forgive us, we've been in a coma for all practical purposes since that year.

Also good to see you stop by - Hogs look tough as usual this season.

Comment

I can't say I have been paying attention lately. But I remember Arkansas hosting in 2006 as a 2 seed. In 2008 Michigan hosted as #2. In 2010 UConn hosted as #2.

Comment

Working...
                            X