Butler Suspended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butler Suspended

Posted this just now in the Mizzou thread but didn't see it discussed. Butler apparently went so ape s*** crazy that not only was he ejected Sunday against UTA, but he was suspended two games (Mizzou and Creighton #1). Kemnitz would go crazy on umps pretty regularly and don't remember this type of punishment, so what did Butler do?

Wichita State head baseball coach Todd Butler will serve a two game suspension administered by the NCAA for excessive arguing of balls and strikes.

It was a good rant for sure. Who suspended him? Was it the AAC? It wasn't WSU. Yeah he went nuts, and I even said to myself, "Brent would be proud" but I don't remember a coach getting suspended for the next game, let alone 2 more games.

He did bump the ump at one point although it wasn't much at all, might have even been because he thought the ump bumped into him first. Again, it wasn't much.

Comment

• ArtVandalay
      ArtVandalay commented
      Editing a comment
      Kake said the NCAA suspended him for excessive arguing of balls and strikes.

The reports say "by the NCAA," but who knows what that actually means.

Comment

Fire for cause anyone?

Comment

• DUShock
        DUShock commented
        Editing a comment
        I was thinking the same thing SHOCKvalue

Shane discussed with HCTB in the Mizzou pre-game show. If I heard correctly the suspension was initially more that 2-games but WSU appealed that and it was reduced to 2-games. I think there were two issues. He extended the argument excessively and failed to leave the field in a reasonable amount of time and he bumped one of he umps.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 14, 2018, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• shockfan89_
        shockfan89_ commented
        Editing a comment
        It's at least nice to have an administration that supports our coaches.

• Cdizzle
        Cdizzle commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh snap.

Just for 2 games?

Damn
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        Fire for cause anyone?
        LOL. Absolutely.

Comment

Anybody remember if Brent got suspended for any of his rants? Specifically, the one where the umpire told him to “sit down somewhere I can’t see you,” and he responded by sitting on top of home plate. Lol.
          Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Working...
          X