Shocker Vielock pitches well last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker Vielock pitches well last night

I am not sure I remember anything about this young man, Foster Vielock.

The Golden Giants pitching rotation has been constantly shutting down the opposition throughout the season. Wichita State pitcher Foster Vielock did more than enough to keep that trend going Friday…

Wichita State pitcher Foster Vielock did more than enough to keep that trend going Friday night.

Vielock threw six scoreless innings and the Giants survived a late scare to hang on for a 4-3 victory over the Milgram Mustangs at Jerry Robertson Field.

Vielock, who struck out nine and gave up just two hits, said all of the Giants’ pitchers are feeling confident right now.

“We all have a mentality to go out there and go after people, knowing you have confidence in every pitch you throw,” he said. “It’s pretty easy to go out there and just try to do what you do."

He had a few appearances. Early on, I was worried about the kid as he gave up some homers early but appeared to settle down later on in the season. Didn't pitch a lot of innings, but definitely showed a little progression late.

Comment

Working...
    X