Is it any coincidence...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it any coincidence...

that WSU has started with such success, after Gene started becoming involved in the program again?

Maybe this is the year Butler finally had all the pieces in place, but it does seem that the vibe is different with Gene back in the picture.

I hope the time away was good for him. It was a hard call to part ways with him, a move I understood at the time, but hopefully we all can put the past behind us and continue to grow from here.

Regardless of what all transpired, Gene is a Shocker legend and something just feels good to have him involved again.
    The Assman

Shock Top We were talking about this at the game today. Regardless of the reason, I am thankful that things are thawing between Shocker baseball & Gene. I would like to think that it all part of the beginnings of sustained positive momentum for the program and for Gene's season of life.
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I mentioned the curse of Gene in the Nebraska thread yesterday. I'm hopeful our curse doesn't last 80+ years .

Comment

Is it a coinsicidence? Yes. Is having Gene involved again a good thing? Yes.

Comment

Has Gene keep his involvement up, since this thred was last updated?
          The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
            Has Gene keep his involvement up, since this thred was last updated?
            Yep. He is enjoying the team's success and his continued involvement seems to be beneficial for both sides.

Glad the rapprochement is going well.

Comment

I like the narrative: The program spent 20 years in the wilderness, banished for the sins of hubris and Ben Christensen. Gene's karmic debt paid, he is invited back to the fold and the Shockers resume their former trajectory.

Is it true? Um ... Go Shocks! Go Crusty!

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Working...
              X