Conor Gillaspie Recalled by Giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conor Gillaspie Recalled by Giants

Giants recalled 3B Conor Gillaspie from Triple-A Fresno.
    He's taking Brandon Belt's place on the Giants' 25-man roster after the preseason favorite for the National League's Rookie of the Year award landed on the disabled list with a fractured wrist. Gillaspie has just eight MLB at-bats to his name, all of which came in 2008. through 187 at-bats for Fresno this season, he is hitting .278 with three home runs and 32 RBI.

Great past few weeks to be a Shocker baseball fan. Despite the down season, three (that I can remember off the top of my head) former Shox got called up to the Show.

:yahoo:

Comment

So, there are seven Shocks in the bigs now?

Blake
      Dirks
      Gillespie
      Hill
      Hottovy
      Pelfrey
      Robertson

Is that a record for Shocks in the Bigs at one time? If so, that is mildly ironic.

There might have been nine Shocks in the Bigs in 1990. Hard to tell if some of the former Shockers were playing in 89-90, or 90-91.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
        So, there are seven Shocks in the bigs now?

Blake
        Dirks
        Gillespie
        Hill
        Hottovy
        Pelfrey
        Robertson

Is that a record for Shocks in the Bigs at one time? If so, that is mildly ironic.

There might have been nine Shocks in the Bigs in 1990. Hard to tell if some of the former Shockers were playing in 89-90, or 90-91.

http://www.kansas.com/2011/05/19/185...shed-list.html
        Nate is in AAA right now. Mostly a rehab stint, but he isn't up with a MLB club.

Comment

Was 1 for 1 yesterday, gaining his first MLB hit of the year.

I believe he had 2 or 3 hits when he got the contract required call up his first season, so not his first MLB hit.

Comment

He collected one hit in five ABs in 2008.

Comment

Tough season to be a young SF Giants player. Must be like a MASH unit out there.

I hope Conor gets a legitimate shot this go 'round and does well. I still think back to how hard a worker he was when he was a Shocker and how incredibly well he was able to square-up balls on the bat.

Go Shox Big Leaguers!!!
              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Conor went 1-4 yesterday, dropping his season average from 1.000 to .400. :)

Comment

CG goes back to Triple AAA Fresno.

I was fortunate enough to be in attendance at Saturday's game, where he was a late inning replacement at 3B and had a solid line-out to center field.

Comment

Working...
                  X