MSU awarded 2012 MVC Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSU awarded 2012 MVC Tournament

MSU will host the 2012 mvc tournament. Will baseball season ticket prices stay the same or rise with less value?

With the new format change, at least MSU won't have to worry about stealing bids from anybody this time.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

So, I guess we can expect to hear crickets in the stands on FSN Midwest next year. Unless we can get enough Shocker fans out there to support the tournament.

Comment

Will baseball season ticket prices stay the same or rise with less value?
        If they do I am gone after 23 years.
        Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

The price of my basketball tickets (and/or the accompanying SASO contribution) go up every year. I don't think my baseball tickets have been raised (at least not very much) in about 10 years.

I would be totally shocked to ever see the price of either one of them drop.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989
            The price of my basketball tickets (and/or the accompanying SASO contribution) go up every year. I don't think my baseball tickets have been raised (at least not very much) in about 10 years.

Several things you have to look at. I think there was a small increase ~2% a couple years ago. But even if the prices are staying flat, the home dates have been dropping. So less value for the money your spending anyway.

2011 - 32 home dates
            2010 - 35 homes dates
            2009 - 50 home dates
            2008 - 38 home dates

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
              Originally posted by shox1989

Several things you have to look at. I think there was a small increase ~2% a couple years ago. But even if the prices are staying flat, the home dates have been dropping. So less value for the money your spending anyway.

2011 - 32 home dates
              2010 - 35 homes dates
              2009 - 50 home dates
              2008 - 38 home dates

I think there is a good chance the number of home dates could go up next year. It seemed like we had an unusually high number of road trips this year (4 games at Dallas, 4 games at Oregon, 3 games at Tulane plus the usual road games). It seems like we normally do one Dallas/Oregon/Tulane road trip each year plus our normal short road trips (and the trip to Hawaii).

It will be interesting to see if we do get 36 to 38 home games next year, if they actually raise the season ticket prices.

Comment

Re: MSU awarded 2012 MVC Tournament

Originally posted by SB Shock
                MSU will host the 2012 mvc tournament. Will baseball season ticket prices stay the same or rise with less value?
                Boy, this is a bad move by the MVC and a slap in the face to WSU. Attendance in Springfield last time was ridiculous. I guess holding games in deserted ballparks is the new trend.

I can see it in the cards - rotate the tournament between WSU, sCUm, and MSU.

--'85.
                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85
                  Book it.

sCUm's little flash in the pan will subside and they'll be a 5th or 6th place team when they host it again in 2 years. MSU had to take out Illinois State the last time they hosted because they sucked it so bad they couldn't even make the 6-team field. WSU, even for how sucky we have been, has never finished outside the Top 3 and ALWAYS draws well.

But this is the Valley of Stupidity.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                    Originally posted by Shocker85
                    Book it.

sCUm's little flash in the pan will subside and they'll be a 5th or 6th place team when they host it again in 2 years. MSU had to take out Illinois State the last time they hosted because they sucked it so bad they couldn't even make the 6-team field. WSU, even for how sucky we have been, has never finished outside the Top 3 and ALWAYS draws well.

But this is the Valley of Stupidity.
                    I would bet an MVC Tournament in Wichita would draw better than MSU even if WSU wasn't in it...

Comment

Sweet!

We can all now look forward to more morbidly obese women screaming after every pitch.

My most memorable experience with the phenomenon was a couple of years ago at the MVC Tourney at Eck. We were playing MSU (in one of the best of 3 champ games IIRC), and the shrill, random, inane screaming MSU wildebeests made me alternate between scratching my head at the oddness of it all, and wanting to tear out my ear drums due to sheer annoyance. Why do you need to scream like you're getting raped in points of the game that no other baseball fan has ever seen necessary to even raise his/her voice or lift a finger in anything close to celebration?

Seriously HAS to be one of the strangest ways I've ever seen a fanbase support their team.

"Jed Moonshine is on-deck."

"Moonshine steps to the batters box."

"Jed takes a ball - low and outside."

"And he grounds-out to 3rd base."

Comment

Our program isn't what it once was, and MSU and CU are getting better. I don't think we can afford to have a 'Prima Donna' attitude anymore.

Comment

I know my comments had nothing to do with who would win the tournament but rather how well it is attended. No 'Prima Donna' attitude here, I would just rather attend a game with 2,500 fans than 125 regardless of who is playing...

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                            Our program isn't what it once was, and MSU and CU are getting better. I don't think we can afford to have a 'Prima Donna' attitude anymore.
                            We aren't what we once were but how are CU and MSU getting better? CU had a few years in the CWS and MSU is nothing but mediocre.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22
                              Originally posted by Snapshot9
                              We aren't what we once were but how are CU and MSU getting better? CU had a few years in the CWS and MSU is nothing but mediocre.
                              CU had ONE year in the CWS- 1991 and SWOMO has also had just ONE year in the CWS.

SWOMO has battled for LAST place in the MVC recently. They finished 4th this year. Hard to say that they are getting lots better.

Comment

Working...
                              X