Kind of interesting news....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kind of interesting news....

...Darrin Erstad new coach at Nebraska....kind of thought Servais might be in the mix...maybe he didn't want to take a step down.

weird hire. Nebraska seems to me to be too big of a program to hire a guy with 1 year of volunteer assistant coaching experience.

Will Bolt from Texarkana JC is apparently going to be on the staff.

Comment

Not that weird considering it's NU and Dr. Tom made the hire.

They put former student athletes on a pedestal hiring than most of us can possibly fathom.

The fact he once wore a Husker uniform probably put him about 5 rungs ahead of any other candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
        Not that weird considering it's NU and Dr. Tom made the hire.

They put former student athletes on a pedestal hiring than most of us can possibly fathom.

The fact he once wore a Husker uniform probably put him about 5 rungs ahead of any other candidate.
        The fact that he also wore a UNL football uniform and played for Dr. Tom probably didn't hurt either.

The fact that he gave like a million dollars to the program also didn't hurt.

Comment

This seems like good news for us.

I am in no hurry to see Nebraska re-live the Dave Van Horn days. Erstad might be a keeper, but it sure is a high risk hire.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog
            weird hire. Nebraska seems to me to be too big of a program to hire a guy with 1 year of volunteer assistant coaching experience.

Will Bolt from Texarkana JC is apparently going to be on the staff.
            It is a surprising hire.

There was an article in the Omaha paper while we were there last week for the Valley tourney where Tom Osborne said that he hoped whoever the new coach would be would keep Darrin Estad on as the volunteer assistant coach (Dr. Osborne fired ALL of the paid staff).

I don't know a thing about Darrin, but his brother Bryan is a very nice kid.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Working...
            X