Pelfrey Assistant Coach At Newman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pelfrey Assistant Coach At Newman

There u go - Hooper as next head coach, Pelfrey as the pitching coach.

I like Pelfrey. But I'd like him to get a few years of experience before becoming the pitching coach.

Comment

I know that the guy is one of the program's all-time greats, but Pelfrey is a Beaker wannabe. No thanks!

Video: Mike Pelfrey on potential Wichita State-Kansas matchup in Round 2 of NCAA Tourney. #MNTwins By: Mike Berardino - Mike Berardino is in his first season...

Video: Mike Pelfrey on Wichita State's NCAA win over Kansas: "I think I lived my nightmare." #MNTwins By: Mike Berardino - Mike Berardino is in his first sea...

78-65

Comment

• 1972Shocker
        1972Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        I did not realize that. Now I have to go take a shower.

• Walker
        Walker commented
        Editing a comment
        Ugh. That is a huge disappointment.

• SHOCKvalue
        SHOCKvalue commented
        Editing a comment
        WTF?

Persona non grata.

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      I like Pelfrey. But I'd like him to get a few years of experience before becoming the pitching coach.
      Agreed. Pitching and Coaching PItching or two totally different skill sets. Being very good at one doesn't mean you will be good at the other. Although you can be good at both. Mike has a ways to go to establish his coaching bona fides.

Of course, usually the pitching coach is selected and hired by the Head Coach (although Todd Butler wasn't given that opportunity initially but that is a relatively rare exception). What we did do was give Coach Butler a built-in excuse if his teams lost and pitching was the issue. Well, guess what. His teams have lost and ptiching was the issue (with injuries being a factor).

It would be interesting to see who Hooper would hire if he ever gets the WSU job.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

It would be interesting to see who Hooper would hire if he ever gets the WSU job.
        Shane Dennis?
        An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

What's irritating is Pelfrey isn't the only former baseball player with that sentiment. Who cares what stupid school you rooted for as a child, do you not appreciate the foundation of where your paycheck comes from "first and foremost"?
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            He will get, Butler only has 3 or 4 more years left on his contract (if it wasn't auto renewing)

Comment

• shockfan89_
              shockfan89_ commented
              Editing a comment
              I need to hire whoever negotiated this contract on Butler's behalf to negotiate my next contract. If Butler negotiated for himself, I think he has really missed his career calling. That man should be a sports agent not a baseball coach!
          Working...
          X