No announcement yet.

Shockers @ McNeese State (Game 1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nm just saw shockers winning 10-6 in the bottom of the 9th.
    1 out currently.

Comment

I hate to come to any firm conclusions after only one game (almost one game) but didn't really see anything from the pitching staff tonight that makes me think things will be much different this year. But will see how it goes.

From what Shane has described and reports from the park I have to question how good a job the umps did letting this go as long as they did before suspension of play.

Comment

With the threat of rain tomorrow I'm certain everyone wanted to finish the game tonight. The Shocks will be on a tight schedule Sunday and trying to finish a game and play another will be a lot to ask. In a perfect world they would have stopped it but I can't blame them too much.

Yes, pitching is a huge issue but I do think Codi was solid and can be a solid Friday guy. Something we really haven't had...well, in awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Yes, pitching is a huge issue but I do think Codi was solid and can be a solid Friday guy. Something we really haven't had...well, in awhile.
          Hope so but he did not respond well to his team putting him up by 5. He needs to be able to keep his foot on the throat of the other team when he is given the opportunity especially when the other team has their 7, 8 and 9 hole hitters due up.

Comment

For a season opener on the road against a decent team I was very pleased with tonight's performance. Hopefully we can finish it off tomorrow and earn at least 2 out of 3 this weekend - that would be a strong showing.

Too early to assess any degree of progress based on the sample size but overall a positive evening.

Comment

Looks like it will be another year of hoping our offense bails out our pitching. Yeah, yeah, we're only 8 1/3 innings into the season but this McNeese team is not the one from last year. Here's to Coach Steele working his magic this year and lowering the team ERA 1/2 run, won't say a full run that would be asking too much and being greedy.

Comment

We won.
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Kilgore struggled with the 2 hitters he faced, but Barnhouse closed it out nicely with back to back strikeouts. WSU wins 10-7.

Game 2 set to start at 1:55 PM. Excited to listen to Liam's debut.

Comment

Per Shane we haven't won a road OOC series since 2007 in Hawaii.

Wow.

Comment

• Cdizzle
                      Cdizzle commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I wanted to thank you for this info, but couldn't hit the 'Like' button. So, thanks for passing this along.

• WuDrWu
                      WuDrWu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, usually our road non con series are against excellent competition, but as you said, WOW. 11 seasons between series wins. That's almost hard to believe.

Tomorrow's game time moved up to 11 AM and will be broadcast on KFH.

Comment

Working...
                    X