OB, Charlie Lowell named Valley Player, Pitcher of the Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OB, Charlie Lowell named Valley Player, Pitcher of the Year

Chris O Brien wins the Valley Player of the Year award (I thought it would go to Creighton's outfielder who is batting over .400).

Charlie Lowell wins Valley Pitcher of the Year.

Johnny Coy, Preston Springer, OB and Charlie are named to the All Valley first team. Tyler Grimes and Cale Elam make the second team.

OMAHA, Neb. ? Six Wichita State baseball student-athletes earned all-Missouri Valley Conference honors. Four were named to the first team, while two earned second team honors.

Congrats to the Shockers. I'm glad to see O'Brien win it. I thought after CU won the title it would make Adams the auto-bid. But I guess they found it to difficult to ignore O'Briens 0.477 BA in conference. play.

Lowell was 5-0 with a 1.12 ERA in MVC play.

Comment

Congrats to both young men. Very deserving. Charlie was a lock imho, but I was pleasantly surprised about Chris.....those type of things rarely seem to go WSU's way.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Congrats to both Charlie and Chris! Also to all the Shockers who made the All Valley Team!

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Congrats to all the Shocks on their post-season honors!

Can't complain about how we were treated this year. I guess all we have to do to make that happen is to not win the regular season championship.

Chris and Charlie simply put up numbers in conference play that were just too hard to ignore.

:goshocks:

Comment

Chris OBrein was mentioned going to the Royals at #65 by Keith Law this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by lawmaker
              Chris OBrein was mentioned going to the Royals at #65 by Keith Law this morning.
              I'd be OK with that.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
              X