No announcement yet.

Shox v Trees Game 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As predicted, Creighton parlays a single, an error on a sacrifice attempt, and a squeeze bunt to score 1 and beat the Aces 2-1.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
      2 on, 1 out after 2 batters walked, and the next 2 Shockers see a total of 4 pitches before bringing the inning to an end.

At this point, it would almost be merciful to end this debacle with a run rule.

How in the world an AWFUL team like Indiana State can completely shut down a WSU team over 2 days defies logic.
      I expect it now. I knew after a feel-good walk-off win last night that this would happen today. The only time this team throws out an ounce of life (sometimes) is when they're out to prove something. They did that for the most part last weekend against Creighton. Last night they were probably so happy patting themselves on the back that today was probably the least of their concerns.

Again, this is the very reason why we won't sniff a couple days out of the Valley tournament. You get one game of good pitching where you at least have a chance, and then the next, the pitching either falls apart or the hitters swing at garbage all game and bang out 4 hits.

2nd place would've been nice. Hell, making sCUm and their fans nervous for a couple of weeks would have been awesome. But it's just not in the cards. The coaches and the players don't seem to care where they finish in the Valley so why should we? Who cares at this point where we finish. Once again, for the 3rd year in a row, it comes down to the last week of May in Gomerha.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

As predicted, Creighton parlays a single, an error on a sacrifice attempt, and a squeeze bunt to score 1 and beat the Aces 2-1.
        And the Aces had 1st and 3rd and only 1 out and popped out on a squeeze attempt. One team got it done, the other just kicked it around.

Remind you of anyone?

Comment

Shutout at home by a program barely able to buy a uniform, when you're fighting for a league championship.

Patently unacceptable.

Comment

Even though it would be nice to win the league, it still boils down to having to win the MVC tournament to make it into the post season.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
              Even though it would be nice to win the league, it still boils down to having to win the MVC tournament to make it into the post season.
              Can you imagine this team being able to play well enough to win the tournament?

There is nothing in the their track record this year that says they can.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                Can you imagine this team being able to play well enough to win the tournament?
                Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

The Wichita State 'Keystone Cops'.

The ONLY way we win the Mo Valley Tourney is if the Shox play flawless baseball, the other team's have their worst day against us, and heaven, earth and the stars are all in harmony.

Comment

For the third consecutive season. And next season looks to be a "rebuilding" one if and when Lowell, Grimes, O'Brien and Coy bolt regardless of draft slot to get the hell out of here. A la every single draftee in the last four years.

Hello, abyss.

Comment

The problems are bigger than this 1 game. I think even the least skilled of us can tell that the players in the program just aren't all that good.

But why does practically every team out execute the Shocks? Even when we win, often we execute poorly.

I think we have to come to grips (if we haven't already) with the reality that one way or the other, this program, with all it's success, history and resources, is VASTLY under performing, has been doing so for years, is headed in the wrong direction, and even when compared to programs with FAR FAR FAR less resources, is just competing slightly over average.

I agree, the players aren't playing that well. But at some point, you have to hold someone responsible. And I'm sorry if the bar has been set really high by Gene.....it might not be fair, but like it or not, this is a business, and a bunch of thousand Wichita State alumni and fans are bigger than Gene and his staff.

I certainly hoped this day would never come....I was there on the flatbeds watching the Shocks through a chain link fence as a kid. Gene gave WSU their only National Championship. Some of my fondest memories of WSU are related to Eck Stadium and Tyler Field. I think Brent is a genius and I'd pay to hear him speak anytime of the day or night.

But this storied program, one of the very best of the last 35 years in college baseball, deserves to, at a minimum, go down fighting. Something they aren't doing right now. And the current staff appears to have no fight left in them.

Excellent post.

Thanks for saying it like it is.
                      although the best things in life are free, upgrades are usually available

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox

The ONLY way we win the Mo Valley Tourney is if the Shox play flawless baseball, the other team's have their worst day against us, and heaven, earth and the stars are all in harmony.
                        So, you're saying we have chance! ;-)

Comment

Today our guys looked like they'd rather take a walk than swing the bat. Springer especially. It's probably been happening all season, but I really noticed it today. They'd just stand there as strike three pounded the outside corner, then they'd act AMAZED that the umpire had the gall to call THAT PITCH a strike! Hey guys, guess what? Swing the freaking bat and maybe you can score more than zero runs a game.

Comment

It was a hard-to-watch game, fo sho.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox

I disagree. I think if the Shox play good 3 or 4 games in a row they will win the tournament no matter how the other teams play. With that being said, I think there is a snowball's chance in hell that will occur...

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_
                                I think if the Shox play good 3 or 4 games in a row they will win the tournament no matter how the other teams play. With that being said, I think there is a snowball's chance in hell that will occur...

I used to think that way about the first sentence. I'm pretty sure we're all on board with the 2nd. It's so sad. :cry:

Comment

Working...
                                X