No announcement yet.

Shocks vs Ducks game 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Aaron LaBrie and Foster Vielock should have moved up the bullpen depth chart after these performances.

I think Zach Beringer has a good arm, but not sure he knows where any of his pitches are going.

Brett will probably have mixed feelings on his show coming up.

Comment

• Wow what a game. I finally get a chance to go get something to eat. I like our chances tomorrow with Charlie Lowell pitching. I hope he can go 7 or 8 innings tomorrow.

GO SHOX!

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock
        abbreviated post game show? Come on this was only a 6 hour game.

They also have a Brent Kemnitz show to do tonight after the game. I imagine they are a little tired.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker
          Well Aaron LaBrie and Foster Vielock should have moved up the bullpen depth chart after these performances.

I think Zach Beringer has a good arm, but not sure he knows where any of his pitches or going.
          I had concerns with Foster, yes he is a freshman, but he'd given up 2 HRs in 4 innings pitched and I was beginning to wonder. Nice performance to keep us in the game.

Comment

• Now that was a long day at the ballpark. In fact, 2 long days at the ballpark.

The whole thing is a blur. Baserunners everywhere all day long followed by frustration. I'm just glad the Shox are now on a 2 game winning streak. Oregon isn't going to have much pitching available for tomorrow and I like our chances with Lowell starting.

Let me say one more thing, the weather here SUX. Rain, sun, wind, rain, drizzle, rain, sun, drizzle, etc. I have no idea how they can recruit to this place. The facilities are nice, but how do all these guys leave California to come up here?

I have no insight into this game, I'm just glad it is finally over. How 'bout a 2:15 getaway game tomorrow?!?

--'85.
            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker
              Originally posted by Ta town
              i can't see so i have no clue, are they being squeezed?
              Absolutely not. It has been a very fair strike zone. We simply have had no command. It almost looks like the guys are afraid to throw stirkes.
              I think it was a very fair strike zone but a very small one. I think we are used to Bobby Homolka and Randy Wetzel giving pitchers an extra foot outside the plate. ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker85
                Let me say one more thing, the weather here SUX. Rain, sun, wind, rain, drizzle, rain, sun, drizzle, etc. I have no idea how they can recruit to this place. The facilities are nice, but how do all these guys leave California to come up here?
                They just tell them it only rains once a year. What they don't tell them that the one rain they get starts in September and ends in April or May.

Comment

• Great game, watched on TV till 3:30, drove grandkids to Fredonia (90-miles) to hand off to parents, waited 20 minutes for them to get there, ate a sit down dinner with them, drove back to DQ in Augusta where we got out and had a sunday, drove back to Rose Hill, watched last three outs on TV. Thats a record for my longest game for sure.

Comment

• I don't know if it was very small, but it the ball definitely had to catch the plate and you definitely had to catch the knees on the lower part of the zone.

OTOH, Aaron and Foster (and for the matter the Oregon relievers) proved you could pitch effectively with that zone.

A lot of the walks the Shocks gave up would be walks with any zone.

Comment

• Great Win! I was washing and packing all day while watching the game on TV (and listening to Mike and Shane every now and then too).

It really seemed like the game had a little bit of everything from strange calls, some very sensitive umps, two coaches being thrown out and apparently a Shocker player too, some great pitching, lots of walks, some clutch hitting, some excellent defense, a rain delay, CBI promotions of all things, a roving bus and a strange kite flying over the field.

It really did seem like the game lasted all day long. I finally finished my washing and packing and I am anxious to see the Shox play in Hawaii.
                      :wsu_posters:

Comment

Working...
                      X