No announcement yet.

Surprise announcement!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Comment

I have happy tears in my eyes. :good: :good:
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

That's really awesome. I didn't get the news quite as quick as you guys did. I know they wanted to keep it a secret for obvious reasons but I wish I had a little more than a 3-hour notice for something like this on a weekday.

Oh well.

Great for Carl and family! :good:
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

We set the windows Sunday, got there about 4:30 am and got home at 6:30 pm.

We had 68 windows and doors, a few glitches and we should have been out of there in about seven hours instead of 14 but it is a great cause and everone was happy.

The house will be done Tuedsay sometime and turned over to the designers, the Hall family will see it Thursday.
          Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Thanks to everyone who is part of this great project!

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt
              We set the windows Sunday, got there about 4:30 am and got home at 6:30 pm.

We had 68 windows and doors, a few glitches and we should have been out of there in about seven hours instead of 14 but it is a great cause and everone was happy.

The house will be done Tuedsay sometime and turned over to the designers, the Hall family will see it Thursday.
              Question, how do they cure the cement so quickly? I've always wondered this when watching this show as I'm afraid the home would eventually buckle and sag in areas where the foundation never cured.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                Question, how do they cure the cement so quickly? I've always wondered this when watching this show as I'm afraid the home would eventually buckle and sag in areas where the foundation never cured.
                Pre-cast panels ?

Comment

They did a precast panel system, aluminum bracing every 16", Dow Styrofoam and then about 8" of concrete. Just set them in place, bolt them to the footings and each other, caulk the joints and spray waterproofing everything below grade.

Pretty neat system and it allows for very fast construction.

The main house walls are ICF with regular stick framing at the therapy, sport court and garage walls.

I have lots of pictures but cannot post them until after the house is turned over to the Hall family.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt
                    They did a precast panel system, aluminum bracing every 16", Dow Styrofoam and then about 8" of concrete. Just set them in place, bolt them to the footings and each other, caulk the joints and spray waterproofing everything below grade.

Pretty neat system and it allows for very fast construction.

The main house walls are ICF with regular stick framing at the therapy, sport court and garage walls.

I have lots of pictures but cannot post them until after the house is turned over to the Hall family.
                    So let me understand you correctly. The precast system are vertical panels that are placed on top of the footings. There, they screw in aluminum studs or bracking every 16" O.C., install foam insulation and then sandwich this insulation with another 8" of concrete? I must be wrong, then has to be a 2 foot thick wall.

Comment

most likely 4-6 inch studs on the pre-cast. insulation would fit in between the studs. so 12-14 inch wall in it's entirety. but the wall thickness could be smaller if smaller studs were used. but that is my best guess.

based off the limited info i just cant wrap my mind on how this jigsaw puzzle is being put together. i would assume that the pre-cast walls were for a basement with a wood frame sitting on top.

Comment

Build your dream home on a superior foundation. All Superior Walls products are custom designed and created using factory precision. Browse our products!

This may not be the exact system but it is very close.

The entire basement was with these wall panels, the upper walls on the main house were ICF blocks stacked on top of the basement walls. The sport court and therapy room were 2 x 6 stud walls along with the garage.

Comment

The Extreme Home Makeover episode is airing at 7. There is a behind the scenes look presented by Kake right now.

Comment

Carl Hall "Wichita State is a family and takes care of it own" = awesome.

I may have Shed a few tears.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerman
                              Carl Hall "Wichita State is a family and takes care of it own" = awesome.

I may have Shed a few tears.
                              I shed more than a few :cry:
                              That was simply an awesome and inspiring program.

:good: :good:
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I liked the voice activated home.

I wonder why they couldn't have made his wheelchair voice activated, too?

Comment

Working...
                                X