Oregon State or North Carolina?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by haysdb
    I also hated to see the winning run score on an error, and on such an EASY play at that. UNC couldn't have asked for a more routine ground ball to second. Ouch. UNC got bit, in my opinion, in putting a less experienced first baseman out there. The throw from second was wide, but not THAT wide. The first baseman should have been able to reach that throw, but he didn't get himself into proper position to receive the throw.

Agreed. That error was about 90% on the first baseman. That throw was basically routine. It's a shame that the 2nd baseman will carry that with him for life because the 1st baseman was incompetent.

Comment

And its a shame that Roy-boy wasted that entire week watching the Tarheels lose, when he could've risked his life to go golfing in Lawrence. :whistle:

Comment

Originally posted by shox8498
        I voted for UNC.....but I hope I'm wrong.

I'd be willing to bet that if any KU fans have tuned in to watch any of the CWS this year, they would be pulling strongly for Oregon State.

For [at least] two reasons:
        1 - They're also tired of seeing Roy-boy mugging for the cameras
        2 - Might as well pull for the team that won your regional.
        Although this post is a day late and a dollar short, looking on Phog net when KU was matched up against OSU, some of them spouted off that OSU is a suprise team and KU should win against them and the regional. The lack of baseball knowledge suprised me over there on phog net, I ended up telling them that OSU was hardly a suprise team and they had made it to the CWS last year. Some responded by saying that OSU was still a suprise team and went 0-2 in last year's CWS and the teams they played to get their like St. Johns was a gift. I just want to ask those few knuckleheads on how they feel about OSU now.

Comment

Working...
        X