Bruce Webber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce Webber

After years of getting pummeled by siu I was glad to see BW move on to Illinois. He had little to no success except with BS recruits. Gets hired at ksu which was surprising to me anyway. Has initial success with FM recruits and then another pause. I had read several articles about some of his failure in Illinois relating to his refusal to engage the powers of the Chicago basketball aau circuit and play the game of scratch my back and I will scratch yours. As noted by many illini he was unable to attract the top talent to Illinois. Recently with the FBI becoming involved in recruiting practices it seems much more plausible to me that perhaps BW does want to do things the right way. I have no love for BW from the time he was at siu and more recently his refusal to schedule the Shocks after saying he would be open to such a series that has never happened. I will have to give the man credit if in tructh he does it the right way rather than knuckle under to cheating even when faced with losing his job at Illinois and more recently with the pressure to win at KSU.

Originally posted by pogo View Post
    After years of getting pummeled by siu I was glad to see BW move on to Illinois. He had little to no success except with BS recruits. Gets hired at ksu which was surprising to me anyway. Has initial success with FM recruits and then another pause. I had read several articles about some of his failure in Illinois relating to his refusal to engage the powers of the Chicago basketball aau circuit and play the game of scratch my back and I will scratch yours. As noted by many illini he was unable to attract the top talent to Illinois. Recently with the FBI becoming involved in recruiting practices it seems much more plausible to me that perhaps BW does want to do things the right way. I have no love for BW from the time he was at siu and more recently his refusal to schedule the Shocks after saying he would be open to such a series that has never happened. I will have to give the man credit if in tructh he does it the right way rather than knuckle under to cheating even when faced with losing his job at Illinois and more recently with the pressure to win at KSU.
    Something had to have happened over the course of WSU's basketball history with it's Big 12 sister schools to create some bad blood.. It's very strange that K-State has completely avoided the basketball shocks. I've met some pretty ridiculous KSU fans that don't take WSU seriously, but it's hard to believe that attitude has made it's way all the way to the top brass at K-State. They have a guy that used to be a 4 star general running their school for crying out loud. So whatever their grudge is with WSU basketball, it has to be something rational like money or safety concerns.

Comment

There's no bad blood - just elitism. KSU was always "too good" to play WSU. Now that that is obviously wrong, the tables have sort of turned. I think OU, OSU, and Baylor are better games. We're getting buy games with teams near KSU's level lately.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        There's no bad blood - just elitism. KSU was always "too good" to play WSU. Now that that is obviously wrong, the tables have sort of turned. I think OU, OSU, and Baylor are better games. We're getting buy games with teams near KSU's level lately.
        Putting ksu and elitist in the same sentence makes me laugh.
        BW is on the ropes. Can't blame him for not taking a guaranteed loss in playing WSU. He's trying to save his job.

Comment

And who did Weber follow at Illinois? Bill Self...

Check out the Illinois Fighting Illini College Basketball History, Stats, Records, Polls, Leaders and More College Basketball Stats at Sports-Reference.com
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Dude is still ugly.
            For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
            - said no one ever...

Comment

So based on the NCAA ruling regarding UNC today, I think we have to move Bruce Webber from the "dude-is-cool-because-he-does-it-right-even-if-he-doesn't-win" category over to the "too-p**sy-to-cheat-like-the-other-P5s" category. I mean isn't that what the NCAA is telling us? Coaches in the P5 are allowed to cheat *, and if you aren't one of the cheaters taking full advantage of that fact, you aren't trying/clever enough to coach at one of those schools. He should take over at SWOMO or somewhere like that.

* Except when your mobile phone is being tapped by the FBI.
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Working...
              X