Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Not to Represent Your Team...

your school, your community or your family:

Fat, Drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son.

Comment

Young Mr. Miller has been suspended by Dayton University for one semester and his scholarship has been revoked by the Dayton athletic department.

Everyone has made mistakes in their lives. Some more egregious than others. This young man is paying a price for his actions (as he should) but it also sounds like he is taking responsibility for his actions. I hope he rebounds from this and can move on to have a successful, produtive life.

Dayton 24/7 Now provides local news, weather, sports, traffic and entertainment for Dayton and nearby towns and communities in the Miami Valley, including Dayton, Vandalia, Xenia, Centerville, New Lebanon, Miamisburg, Kettering, Trotwood, Englewood, Union, Fairborn, Brookville, Lewisburg, New Carlisle, Tipp City, West Milton, Greenville, Eaton, Oxford, Hamilton, Middletown, Springboro, Franklin, Germantown, Carlisle, Lebanon, Waynesville, Bellbrook, Beavercreek, Cedarville, Yellow Springs, Enon, Springfield, Northridge, Urbana, Covington, Troy, Piqua, Oakwood, Riverside, Huber Heights, Shiloh, Wapakoneta, Celina, Sidney, Saint Marys, Greenville, West Carrollton.

Comment

Well getting your butt kicked on closed circuit TV is a humbling experience.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
          Well getting your butt kicked on closed circuit TV is a humbling experience.
          Especiallly when you are 6-9 and 240 lbs. At least Sam he now knows that an MMA career is probably not in the cards for him.

It appears the Dayton basketball program has had their fair share of issues in recent years (note that this will be Anthony Grant's first year at the helm of the Dayton program).

What's kind of irritating is that it seems like the media types and bloggers made a much bigger deal about the water tower spelling mistake at WSU than this situation and quite ironically the water tower mistake was made by a company located in the Dayton suburbs and Wichita State have very little if anything to do with it.

Oh well, it is what it is I guess.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 12, 2017, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Anyone ever heard the story of the underage kid who after a night of drinking and driving, met an influential business leader and got a job offer that would set him up for life? Yeah, me either.

I realize my take on drinking is a bit harsher than most, but it only leads to sadness and failure....it's just a matter of degrees. There are too many other ways to have fun in life.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Anyone ever heard the story of the underage kid who after a night of drinking and driving, met an influential business leader and got a job offer that would set him up for life? Yeah, me either.

I realize my take on drinking is a bit harsher than most, but it only leads to sadness and failure....it's just a matter of degrees. There are too many other ways to have fun in life.
              I have the same thoughts on drugs. No one has ever benefitted from usage of cocaine, heroin, etc. Quitting those substances is pure hell. Why people start is beyond me.

I know that I have lived a sheltered life...but still...
              78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                I have the same thoughts on drugs. No one has ever benefitted from usage of cocaine, heroin, etc. Quitting those substances is pure hell. Why people start is beyond me.

People with nothing have nothing to lose. In some neighborhoods young guys either join a gang or play basketball. Check out the interview with Penn-Jones, or why Rodgerick Brown left his mother's house to live with his coach, or Fred VanVleet's story. Those guys were the fortunate ones and they're trying to take the story back to their neighborhoods that with hard work, young people can escape the conditions they've survived in and they can lead a life that is unknown to them. They've never seen an example of someone succeeding coming out of their neighborhood.

Self-medication provides an escape from reality for a period of time, and escaping from a "reality" in which there is not much hope of ever having anything is the best thing that happens to some kids.

Heroin has got to be laid on pharmaceuticals and the medical profession. When I was going through my cancer treatments, I can't count the times a doctor told me "In this day and age there is no reason anyone should ever have to experience pain". I'm pretty certain they didn't learn that in medical school or read about it in The New England Journal of Medicine. That was the line the pharmaceutical companies were giving doctors so doctors would prescribe more pain killers. They prescribed more and many, many people found it easier to switch to heroin once they couldn't get prescriptions.

With the amount of opioids running around in street markets, they can't possibly all be prescriptions that people are reselling. Some pharmaceutical somewhere is pumping out millions of pain killers and putting them directly into the street trade. Somewhere poppy farmers are raising and selling record amounts. who controls the poppy fields in Afghanistan by now?
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

The Wolf of Wall Street and Charlie Sheen disagree with you.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

I can't decide whether I would like to have the money Charlie has spent on drugs or hookers. Either one I think I would be well off. I'll take drugs for 500 Alex

Comment

Working...
                    X