KSU vs Tulsa @Intrust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KSU vs Tulsa @Intrust

KSU has just proven the people who control their basketball scheduling are a very insecure bunch.. Them playing at Intrust against a team that isn't WSU isn't as big of a deal these days as it was a short time ago, but this is just strange. Willing to play the AAC, but not the shox. Lol. What a joke ksu is.

K-State's avoidance of WSU is more annoying to me than KU's avoidance. I get KU. It's dumb, but I get it. There is absolutely no justifiable reason for KSU to avoid WSU. I'm sure the Kitties can delude themselves into thinking they are #2 in the state when reality clearly shows otherwise. My in-laws are K-Staters, so I'd love to see the Play Angry Boys put on a beatdown on the Fighting Webers.
    78-65

Comment

It would be interesting if WSU fans showed up in droves at Intrust and cheered for Tulsa. It could happen.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
        K-State's avoidance of WSU is more annoying to me than KU's avoidance. I get KU. It's dumb, but I get it. There is absolutely no justifiable reason for KSU to avoid WSU. I'm sure the Kitties can delude themselves into thinking they are #2 in the state when reality clearly shows otherwise. My in-laws are K-Staters, so I'd love to see the Play Angry Boys put on a beatdown on the Fighting Webers.
        It's one of those, they are just that proud of the Big 12 brand that they feel the need pull awkward scheduling stunts like this.. But if the day ever comes when the Big 12 collapses k-state will be the laughing stalk of the country cause they won't have the slightest clue of how to find a new conference and will probably apply for the SEC, get rejected and end up in the Mountain West.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          It would be interesting if WSU fans showed up in droves at Intrust and cheered for Tulsa. It could happen.
          Instead of complaining that KSU won't play us, this is what we should be focusing our efforts on doing.

Personally, I don't care at all if other programs use IBA. That is not our home court. It's a public venue. It's good for the city any time you put well-attended events in that arena. How nice is it that KSU thinks a game versus a member of our conference is a marquee enough game to put it at IBA? Has that ever happened in the MVC?

And I'm in the camp that thinks it is lame that KU and KSU don't play us. I'm not so sure KSU isn't interested in playing us at this point. We may be the ones not scheduling them.
          Last edited by Dave Stalwart; May 5, 2017, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
            Instead of complaining that KSU won't play us, this is what we should be focusing our efforts on doing.

Personally, I don't care at all if other programs use IBA. That is not our home court. It's a public venue. It's good for the city any time you put well-attended events in that arena. How nice is it that KSU thinks a game versus a member of our conference is a marquee enough game to put it at IBA? Has the ever happened in the MVC?

And I'm in the camp that thinks it is lame that KU and KSU don't play us. I'm not so sure KSU isn't interested in playing us at this point. We may be the ones not scheduling them.
            Is the game at IBA a split-profit game or is K-State taking the profits and calling it a "neutral court"? If it's a split-profit game then I would have no problem attending and supporting a fellow AAC member. I will not be showing up to give K-State my money and boost their attendance in Wichita, though.

Comment

We've heard rumors that Weber is open to a series with WSU, and we have no insight into the actual conversations between the two programs. So I'll withhold judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                We've heard rumors that Weber is open to a series with WSU, and we have no insight into the actual conversations between the two programs. So I'll withhold judgement.
                It sounds like you are talking about the time earlier this year when asked about scheduling the Shocks, Weber said he was open to it, but I have a feeling that it just lip service because we've already signed up Baylor since he was reported by news organizations as saying he was willing.

Comment

I'd rather play Baylor anyway.
                  You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Its called job security. Weber can not afford to lose to in state WSU. He is just holding on to his job and the pressure the new AD would feel from the fans would turn up the heat to get rid of Weber. The man is not stupid...just really insecure about continued employment.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      Its called job security. Weber can not afford to lose to in state WSU. He is just holding on to his job and the pressure the new AD would feel from the fans would turn up the heat to get rid of Weber. The man is not stupid...just really insecure about continued employment.
                      Insecure or realistic? (Unlike the fan base)

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
                        Insecure or realistic? (Unlike the fan base)
                        I think they are losing interest in the region.

1. Probably fed up with living in KU's shadow.
                        2. Frustrated with recruiting battles against the likes of Texas and OU.

I can see how those things could cause them to simply interest in playing wsu.. We are just another regional conundrum in their eyes.

Comment

Working...
                        X