Graham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graham

Several hours after the University of Kansas men’s basketball team celebrated winning its 13th Big 12 conference title in a row, one of the team’s players was arrested after a traffic stop. Kansas guard Devonté Terrell Graham, 22, was booked into the Douglas County Jail late Wednesday night on suspicion of failing to appear for […]

Wasn't exactly sure where to put this.... Is Kansas competing w/ Illinois State on most arrests during the season?

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
    http://www2.kusports.com/news/2017/f...ter-teams-big/

Wasn't exactly sure where to put this.... Is Kansas competing w/ Illinois State on most arrests during the season?
    This is over a fix-it ticket? No way he should have been booked. No comparison to IlSt criminality.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Phog.net is probably the best place for it :)

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
        This is over a fix-it ticket? No way he should have been booked. No comparison to IlSt criminality.
        If he would have bothered to take care of the ticket last summer there wouldn't be a problem now. I have no problem with them hauling him in since he's had 8 months to take care of the situation.
        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Bill is running a smooth, tight ship up there.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

If you don't take care of a ticket, no matter how insignificant, you'll be arrested the next time you have contact with law enforcement.

It's something most of us know years before we even get a license.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
              If he would have bothered to take care of the ticket last summer there wouldn't be a problem now. I have no problem with them hauling him in since he's had 8 months to take care of the situation.
              Not arguing he should have handled his business. Also, he had to have some interaction with the cops to get the warrant check in the first place. I just don't think people should be booked for citations. Should we incarcerate him until all fines and additional court costs are paid? A fine use of the state's money.
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I'm honestly surprised KU basketball players get tickets for things like expired plates in Douglas County.

Comment

Once again, a lack of institutional control.

Comment

Of course they wait until after the game to pick him up. Should have done it on the court right after tip off.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                      Not arguing he should have handled his business. Also, he had to have some interaction with the cops to get the warrant check in the first place. I just don't think people should be booked for citations. Should we incarcerate him until all fines and additional court costs are paid? A fine use of the state's money.
                      It's the system we have. If a law or reg is on the book it needs to be applied fairly and consistently to all in violation.

Many of us (myself... you perhaps) would like to see massive reform of the legal system, as would people like those super-scary Kochs. Unfortunately it appears our lawmakers on both sides of the isle (GWB, Obama, now Trump) could give an eff about public sentiment on the issue. Politicians and bureaucrats like the high of public control too much.

Comment

@Horn28Clem30: I hope that you don't mind, I went ahead and move this thread into the Around the NCAA forum.
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                          @Horn28Clem30: I hope that you don't mind, I went ahead and move this thread into the Around the NCAA forum.
                          Another thread that's bound to die a quick death.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            Another thread that's bound to die a quick death.
                            If the you can present a convincing argument on why KU player Devonté Graham with no reference to Wichita State, any of our players, or coaching staff pertains to, and belongs in, a forum with the purpose to "Discuss anything about the Wichita State Men's Basketball team" as opposed to the forum created to "Discuss topics about the NCAA, conferences, and other universities" I will move it back. If you fail to convince me, you will be banned from ShockerNet for a yet to be determined period of time.
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                              If the you can present a convincing argument on why KU player Devonté Graham with no reference to Wichita State, any of our players, or coaching staff pertains to, and belongs in, a forum with the purpose to "Discuss anything about the Wichita State Men's Basketball team" as opposed to the forum created to "Discuss topics about the NCAA, conferences, and other universities" I will move it back. If you fail to convince me, you will be banned from ShockerNet for a yet to be determined period of time.
                              I think it's an interest of a lot of Shocker fans to bag on KU, sCUm, etc when at all possible. It's still basketball-related.

Since only about 3 people visit the NCAA forum on a weekly basis, I think my argument is valid that this thread will die. I also figured that since the majority of people visit the basketball forum and the basketball forum only, a lighter leash should be given on a broader range of topics covering men's basketball.

Thats it really.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X