Oregon Flop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon Flop

Wow, that's awful. He needs to transfer to UNI so he can learn the proper flopping technique.
    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Apparently Dana Altman left Mastering the Flop, as instructed by Ben Jacobsen, early at a summer coaches clinic.

Comment

Saw this earlier. This kind of crap needs to be controlled. It's worse than in soccer (yes, I said it).

I don't know how it can be controlled, but it makes the sport look bad.

Comment

Seems fairly easy to control really. T them up for obvious flops. I know I'm probably oversimplifying it. Somebody should ask @ShockRef: if there are any kind of rules in place about this.
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Janssen would have bought it.

Comment

Yes

Indeed there are rules in place for unsportsmanlike acts including attempts to deceive an official.
              They are called Class A Technical Foul. It results in 2 free throws to the other team and the ball placed back in play at the Point of Interruption.

We can also simply call a Blocking Foul, which is the more common way of handling the issue (and a quick conversation with the coach advising him what comes next).

That is all.
              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                Indeed there are rules in place for unsportsmanlike acts including attempts to deceive an official.
                They are called Class A Technical Foul. It results in 2 free throws to the other team and the ball placed back in play at the Point of Interruption.

We can also simply call a Blocking Foul, which is the more common way of handling the issue (and a quick conversation with the coach advising him what comes next).

That is all.
                I believe a blocking foul was called on this play so I guess they handled it.
                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

That is all.
                  Thanks. That makes sense.
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

That is all.
                    The NCAA should issue a statement that all players have already been warned, thus just calling a blocking foul isn't enough. Add the technical on the first offense. That's the only way to get rid of it.

Does a Class A technical also count as a personal foul?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      The NCAA should issue a statement that all players have already been warned, thus just calling a blocking foul isn't enough. Add the technical on the first offense. That's the only way to get rid of it.

Royal,
                      Yes and a Team Foul too. Class B Technical Fouls do not.
                      Typical Class B Technical Fouls include hanging on the rim, administrative, etc. Class B Technical Fouls are always one shot and P.O.I.

That is all.
                      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

They have been warned. They were given a rule book.

I get so tired of this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          They were given a rule book.
                          Who reads those things?

Comment

Who reads those things?
                            Very few people, apparently. I've considered applying to the WSU staff to sit behind the bench with a copy of the rule book to advise them during the game.

If I was working a job where millions of dollars a year rode on the outcome of games and said games were governed by rules often poorly enforced, I would make a habit of being an expert in said rules.

So far, I have found that knowing the rules just provides more pressure to my bloodstream.

Comment

Obviously a charge -- maybe even a flagrant on Utah's #2. Heck, maybe an _assault_!

You see Utah's #2 two clearly lower his shoulders and initiates the contact on the drive -- that's the foul. But then he channels his inner chi and illegally uses Bruce Lee's 1-inch punch technique to the groin, rendering his opponent's leg nerves as helpless as a fish on dry land. On the first video of the OP's post, you can see the punch take place at the 1 second mark, the 6 second mark, and barely at the 10 second mark.

As evidence I submit this video. Fast forward to 0:26 for the 1 inch punch.

Keep in mind, the dude in the video has a chair to stop his momentum. The poor Oregon guy is just making a solid defensive play and is helplessly caught by an explosive kung fu flying swordhand of one-inch fury near the groin (I once heard that can be very painful).
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                              X