NCAA to distribute money based on academics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA to distribute money based on academics

Oh boy, this should be fun. You're going to see some record academic performances at P-5 schools. :) Call me skeptical, but I hope it works.

"Beginning with the 2019-20 season, the NCAA will take a portion of Division I revenue and dole it out based on the academic achievement of student-athletes."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Illinois State is screwed.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      Oh boy, this should be fun. You're going to see some record academic performances at P-5 schools. :) Call me skeptical, but I hope it works.

"Beginning with the 2019-20 season, the NCAA will take a portion of Division I revenue and dole it out based on the academic achievement of student-athletes."

I'm looking forward to the imminent discovery that college athletes are suddenly becoming very smart across the board.

Comment

It looks like the sharks are talking.

Comment

Nebraska will get beaucoup funds for all their academic all Americans
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Is it based on real classes?

Signed,
            Roy Williams.
            Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
            Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Who will it hurt the most? Probably jucos : ) They won't see anymore academically ineligible d-1 guys because those guys will all be straight A students now.

Comment

This has all the earmarks of a classic NCAA unintended consequences plan. Sometimes I think they do things like this just to see what creative ways coaches will come up with to cheat.

Comment

Working...
                X