Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Row The Boat

Western Michigan.

If you haven't heard their coach, P.J. Fleck, and his story, go find it and listen to him.

He was on SportsCenter tonight. Listening to him for 2 minutes and I'm ready to go to war.

Row the boat!

My son's legion baseball team is all about row the boat.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Watching Gameday in Michigan. Driving snow storm. PJ rowing the boat all week. It's great stuff.

Comment

Western finished 13-1. Lost to Wisconsin in the Cotton Bowl. PJ was hired at Minnesota. ESPN did a four part series called Being PJ Fleck. Finished last week. I'm sure he's not for everyone, but I love that guy's attitude. I want to see what his players are like in 20 years.

Honestly, I don't know how you can listen to him and not be a fan. It's worth a watch if you get the chance.

Comment

Looks like I am about the only fan. PJ has been building and getting the Gophers better every season. 7-0 this season with all their really tough games in front of them. Good chance to host game day against against an 8-0 Penn State team in 3 weeks.

But what he does best is make men out of boys and provide incredible real life moments from which to learn and reflect. Another of those moments yesterday here:

Comment

I'm all for PJ Doc. Great story and is building. However, on a national stage, needs to beat somebody first before too much praise. But for Minnesota this is already a great year.

Comment

Working...
            X