UNC-and NCAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNC-and NCAA

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-it-...220926833.html This is why the NCAA sucks:pirate:
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
    If the real problem roots back to 1993, then this is deplorable.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
      If the real problem roots back to 1993, then this is deplorable.
      I agree in principle, but am hesitant to root for any outcome that could lead to a coaching change at UNC. Unless it comes with a 10 year death penalty or something like that, but we all know that's never happening.

Comment

way back before that

Comment

This might get Congress involved. The anti-trust exemption of the NCAA might be looked at. There are more Congressmen from P5 schools not named "University of North Carolina" than there are reps from North Carolina.

Under the philosophy that students other than athletes were allowed to take the non-class "classes", then if anyone involved with WSU back in the '60's gave a coat to a non-athlete, then giving a coat to a prospective athlete is not an impermissible benefit. And then I want the 2 years of probation back.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            This might get Congress involved. The anti-trust exemption of the NCAA might be looked at. There are more Congressmen from P5 schools not named "University of North Carolina" than there are reps from North Carolina.

Under the philosophy that students other than athletes were allowed to take the non-class "classes", then if anyone involved with WSU back in the '60's gave a coat to a non-athlete, then giving a coat to a prospective athlete is not an impermissible benefit. And then I want the 2 years of probation back.
            Who'd you give coats to? I feel your frustration.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

NCAA is a joke. They continue to prove it over and over and over again.
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by shox526 View Post
                I agree in principle, but am hesitant to root for any outcome that could lead to a coaching change at UNC. Unless it comes with a 10 year death penalty or something like that, but we all know that's never happening.
                Disappointing, but some certainly expected it.

No need to worry about Marshall, though, 526. The holier than thou, higher and mightier than high and mighty, great and glorious Tar Heels would never hire a ragamuffin scrapper like Marshall as long as there are branches from their own tree available.

Comment

If this happened at WSU, sure as $hit we'd have been given the death penalty one day after the investigation opened. The good ol' boy system at the NCAA will never fall apart. The only way the NCAA changes is when D1 college sports becomes unpopular and that is never happening.

Comment

So I see the NCAA is vacating Notre Dame's football wins from '12 to '13 and gave them 1 year probation for academic misconduct. Evidently a trainer did some work for a couple of players. Why can't the NCAA be this fast with North Carolina?

Comment

I thought University of No Classes had already been forgiven after somebody told the NCAA they were sorry.
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                        I thought University of No Classes had already been forgiven after somebody told the NCAA they were sorry.
                        yeah, isn't it over and done? didn't roy squirt a few crocodile tears and get a reassuring pat on the back?

Comment

NCAA reissues allegations:
                          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

The President of the University of Maryland is stating that North Carolina should get the death penalty over the academic scandal. It will never happen, but it is good someone is making these statements.
                            Maryland president Wallace Loh stirred up an old ACC rivalry by saying he would expect North Carolina to get the "death penalty" over the academic allegations against the athletic program.

Comment

Working...
                            X