Best game ender I've ever seen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best game ender I've ever seen

University of Rochester junior Mack Montague hits a game winning 3-point shot in overtime off an intentional FT miss from classmate Sam Borst-Smith. Rochest...
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Not legal in college, however.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
      Not legal in college, however.
      A sincere question, I am not being contrarian, how would it not be allowed since the shot hit the rim/block? Is there are arch requirement or something of the sort.

Still it is pretty cool. Daggers!
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
        A sincere question, I am not being contrarian, how would it not be allowed since the shot hit the rim/block? Is there are arch requirement or something of the sort.

Still it is pretty cool. Daggers!
        I have the same question. It looks like a legal play to me. I could certainly be missing something though.
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
          I have the same question. It looks like a legal play to me. I could certainly be missing something though.
          I didn't think it hit the rim. If it had, the ball wouldn't have come back at that angle, I don't believe. If it hit the rim, it is legal.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

Those ARE two college teams.

It hit the rim. They practiced it. If it had missed it would have been a violation.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Definitely hits rim, I zoomed in, you can see the ball hit the rim, but the rim shakes afterwards confirming.

100% legal, 100% awesome.

Comment

On any level, it must hit the rim.

Comment

Even in driveway ball. Although we added a rule that one must announce "rocketball" before the ball left their hand. Reduced head injuries.

Comment

I stand corrected.
                    Lol

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                      Definitely hits rim, I zoomed in, you can see the ball hit the rim, but the rim shakes afterwards confirming.

100% legal, 100% awesome.
                      I don't doubt you, but the rim would appear to be shaking simply by the force of the ball hitting the backboard. I cannot manipulate the image to zoom in or slow down so i'll just accept it hit the rim and is therefore legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        Even in driveway ball. Although we added a rule that one must announce "rocketball" before the ball left their hand. Reduced head injuries.
                        They introduced that rule for Cotton on break-aways.

Comment

Regardless of legality, that was a damn finely executed play. Too bad they seriously flubbed the chest bump during the celebration, looks like the shooter went down like a rock and then was piled on by his teammates. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Shows the importance of blocking out the shooter.

Comment

But.....but.....but.....it never works when a team has to fake the miss, get the offensive rebound, and make a shot to tie/win the game. Fouling when up 3 works 100 percent of the time, right?

(Sarcasm...in case anyone's meter needs calibrated...)

Not sure if this really was a "foul-when-up-3" situation, but this is the last way I would want to lose a close game.

EDIT: Sure enough it was a "foul-up-3" situation...

78-65

Comment

Working...
                              X