Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jameel McKay suspended indefinitely

Glad he is not playing for us.....
    Iowa State has suspended senior standout Jameel McKay and says he'll miss at least Saturday's game against Oklahoma State.

Anybody know what the ex-Shocker recruit did to get suspended indefinitely?

why are you glad he's not playing for us?

Comment

Because it would appear from the article as if he is having issues getting along with his coach. He seems to think he was suspended for one game, but the coach is saying it's indefinite. I think Fred Hoiberg would have a higher level of tolerance than HCGM, which is exactly why I made the statement that I was glad he wasn't playing for us.

Note I support the way HCGM handles his players.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
        Because it would appear from the article as if he is having issues getting along with his coach. He seems to think he was suspended for one game, but the coach is saying it's indefinite. I think Fred Hoiberg would have a higher level of tolerance than HCGM, which is exactly why I made the statement that I was glad he wasn't playing for us.

Note I support the way HCGM handles his players.
        I can't quite tell from your post, but you know that Hoiberg is not coaching at Iowa State, right? It's Steve Proehm, formerly at Murray State. Proehm owes him nothing, so kudos to him for not letting guys walk all over him. We'll see how he does next year when there's a mass exodus from Ames and he has his own players in there.

Comment

From Des Moines Register

McKay was suspended indefinitely because of something that happened during practice last Thursday.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
            I can't quite tell from your post, but you know that Hoiberg is not coaching at Iowa State, right? It's Steve Proehm, formerly at Murray State. Proehm owes him nothing, so kudos to him for not letting guys walk all over him. We'll see how he does next year when there's a mass exodus from Ames and he has his own players in there.
            Sorry, it's a little difficult to keep up with the coach at Iowa State, it's hard enough to keep up with the coaches in the Houston area. Thanks for the correction.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
              Thanks for the link. Good to see their new coach won't take crap. I like the guy already.

Comment

Its good for kids of all ages to know that there are limits and what they are and there are consequences to pay for going over the limits.

Comment

he was a prior wsu recruit?

Comment

Here's a link from Shockernet:

Comment

Working...
                    X