Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offensive Rebound Avoidance

An interesting article about a trend toward fewer offensive rebounds:

It’s no secret that the offensive rebound is dying, both at the professional and collegiate levels. Barring a seismic turnaround, the offensive rebound rate in major-conference play this seas…

Does anyone know WSU %. I have seen it, but I am on my mobile and the Stat bookmark is on my laptop at home. I thought it was mid to high 30s. But like most of the guys on here I am an old guy who has lost more gray matter than I have left, and probably am not remembering correctly.

Comment

The best way to avoid offensive rebounds is to make your shots. That way you don't have to worry about intent or strategy, and you score a ton of points besides.

Comment

Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
        Does anyone know WSU %. I have seen it, but I am on my mobile and the Stat bookmark is on my laptop at home. I thought it was mid to high 30s. But like most of the guys on here I am an old guy who has lost more gray matter than I have left, and probably am not remembering correctly.
        34.4%

Comment

Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
          WSU has missed 566 FGs and has 216 offensicve rebounds, for 38.2%
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

. Sometimes we fight wars that only we know about against enemies only we can see
            Last season nine of the ten teams in the Missouri Valley Conference averaged between 62 and 65 possessions per 40 minutes in conference play. The tenth team, Southern Illinois, averaged 61. This striking unanimity in speed marks the Valley as one of the slowest conferences in the nation, not to mention one of D-I’s most statistically homogeneous leagues in terms of pace.

Nevertheless, this season a sizable minority of the programs in the Valley will again predicate their marked aversion to offensive rebounding on what is always held to be an imminent threat of transition points from the opponent. These teams will again busy themselves building Maginot Lines for fast-break invasions that most likely wouldn’t have materialized in any event. Hyper-cautious offensive-to-defensive rebound ratios not only reinforce the Valley’s deliberate pace of play, they also look rather superfluous amidst it.

Meanwhile Gregg Marshall still refuses to get with this program and in fact has taken pretty much the exact opposite approach.
            Conference games only, 2014
            OR% DR% OR/DR
            Wichita State 35.7 74.2 0.48

What a kook. Doesn’t Marshall realize his transition D’s about to be exposed?
            In one of the links in the article he had this to say about the MVC and Gregg Marshall.

Comment

Working...
            X