Kelly Self, referee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Self, referee

When you know an officials name after only seeing him officiate one game, it's not good. Someone said he was in over his head "officiating" the KU/OU game Monday night. I have to agree with Garret Stutz opinion on this one. Kelly Self is NOT a D1 official. He's currently officiating UTEP/UAB on CBS Sports. He's still in way over his head. He is blatantly bad.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Please enlighten all of us with an extensive list of your qualifications to make this claim.

This should be interesting, if not entertaining.

That is all.
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Oh my goodness, what was I thinking? I momentarily forgot that "officials" were infallible and above reproach. Please forgive me. I've never played or officiated a single minute of D1 basketball, so I should know better than to have an opinion. Hmmm, maybe that's why I said I had to agree with a D1 player's opinion. But again, I could be mistaken. Please make sure to let me know if I need any special qualifications to agree with Garret Stutz opinion and add an opinion of my own. Oh, btw, where were you when several of us were asking over and over about the no call on the sideline out of bounds play at the end of the OU game? Or about the "philosophy" of officials making it a goal to make sure the star players stay in a game, even if it means intentionally missing a call? No comments there, even when I quoted your signature as part of one of my comments. Oh wait, who am I to question when you do or do not comment? I'm clearly not qualified.

Comment

Thank you.

That is all.
        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

You're so very welcome, Kelly.

I hope that is all.

Comment

I just want to know how Kelly is related to The Rug.

Now, that would really be all.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post

I'm sure there's someone on this thread that knows, but it isn't you or me.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post

I don't believe you are all allowed to discuss who is related to a referee unless you are a referee. It's in that unwritten rulebook that they must follow in order to ref postseason games.

Comment

Self has reffed in 41 games. Of the 399 refs that have officiated 5 or more games, Self ranks 126th in most fouls called per game with 41.5, but ranks 205th (about the mid-point) with a Home Team Fould Margin of -2.25.

Just for kicks, here are the fouls totals for the Shockers thus far this season:
                  Site Games PFF-PFA Avg/game
                  Away 6 37 6.17
                  Neutral 3 4 1.33
                  Home 7 -36 -5.14
                  Wins 11 -16 -1.45
                  Losses 5 21 4.20
                  All 16 5 0.31
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                  X