OU @ Baylor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OU @ Baylor

Potential to be a great college football game but it's being ruined by two teams completely out of control, running their mouths, talking trash, getting in a cheap shot whenever they can and doing everything but playing football.

OU just had a kid kicked out and he won't shut his mouth either. He got screwed on the call, but you have to stop.

I hope the coaches for both teams and the officials make a point going into halftime, because this is embarrassing from a human standpoint.

My favorite was the Baylor player pretending to be injured at the end of the game.
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
      My favorite was the Baylor player pretending to be injured at the end of the game.
      That was pretty comical. Probably happens all the time but the player faking the injury doesn't have to be told to fall down by a teammate waving his arms wildly for him to get down.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        That was pretty comical. Probably happens all the time but the player faking the injury doesn't have to be told to fall down by a teammate waving his arms wildly for him to get down.
        Amd that is why the defense is charged a timeout if they have it. Is there a penalty if they dont have a timeout?

Comment

Except... Dude WAS really hurt. Wasn't faking at all. His teammate made him go down because he could no longer fight through the injury.

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
            Except... Dude WAS really hurt. Wasn't faking at all. His teammate made him go down because he could no longer fight through the injury.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...irk-herbstreit
            If he's able to stand on his own two feet and walk/jog around, he can get of the field under his own power. Collapsing to the ground to stop play is lame. Especially as long as he was lying around.

I call BS.
            You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

I can't stand either team. But OU winning was the better outcome. Props to Medium Game Bob on the win.

The injury thing is just kind of silly. If you are hurt then I can understand another player encouraging you to fall down so that you are disadvantaged as a team. But I really hate Baylor so I choose to believe that the whole thing was contrived.

Anyone notice the stupid jumping up and down business that Baylor does on the sidelines prior to kickoffs? It's just so incredibly bush league.

Comment

Working...
              X