Ready to Move Up to FBS Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready to Move Up to FBS Football

Guess which Valley football team still thinks they're ready for FBS level football.

Illinois St 14, Iowa 31 (P5 team)

Youngstown St 37, Pitt 41 (P5 team)

Northern Iowa 7, Iowa St 31 (P5 team)

Southern Illinois 47, Indiana 48 (P5 team)

South Dakota 0, Kansas St 34 (P5 team)

South Dakota St 41, Kansas 38 (P5 team)

Missouri St 7, Memphis 67 (non P5 team)

Guess which P5 team should be FCS.

That SIU game was fun. Give the Salukis credit, they went for the win at the end instead of the tie and OT.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
      Guess which Valley football team still thinks they're ready for FBS level football.

Let me guess... Mo State?

And I'm not sure KU has demonstrated that they even belong at FCS either

Comment

Legitimate question:

Who would win in a KU-Missouri State matchup? Would that be like putting Da Bears against Da Bulls?

I should rephrase the question to "who would lose in a game between KU and Mo State?" Asking who would win makes the question really confusing on some level.

I think putting these two forces against each other is like your classic unstoppable force meets an immovable object situation.
        Last edited by Dave Stalwart; September 5, 2015, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Isn't MO State's head coach KU's former coach?

Comment

Why do you toy with me like this? Really? It makes me run over to their 247 site and resd. And laugh. And post mean sruff here.

They're pretty excited about that big Chadron State game!
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

I believe that Memphis was actually the best FBS competition that anyone in the conference played yesterday. K-State might be better, but I would pick Memphis on a neutral field against any of the others.

Certainly we are in store for another long year, but we have the right guy on the sidelines to both mold MSU into a winner and sell the program across the state of Missouri.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
                Isn't MO State's head coach KU's former coach?
                No. Terry Allen was let go after the 2014 season. He was a good guy but not successful enough as a football coach. Dave Steckel the Mizzou defensive coordinator is the new coach. He's pumped a lot of energy into the program and is incredibly popular in this state. Especially with the HS coaching community.

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                  .................. but we have the right guy on the sidelines to both mold MSU into a winner and sell the program across the state of Missouri.

I think my sarcasm meter is broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                    I should rephrase the question to "who would lose in a game between KU and Mo State?" Asking who would win makes the question really confusing on some level.
                    We would all lose.

Comment

I believe that Memphis was actually the best FBS competition that anyone in the conference played yesterday. K-State might be better, but I would pick Memphis on a neutral field against any of the others.
                      Given the others' point differential of +3, -1, -4, -17, -24, and -34 versus Mo St's -60, I could see why you would hope so. You better hope Memphis is twice as good as the other Valley opponent teams. Good luck against the Eagles. Should be an exciting game.

Comment

It's really easy to assume the team that just won by 60 points must be the best fbs competition the MVFC faced but it might not account for how bad the other team was.

Comment

Sheesh...

They get drubbed by a miidling, non P-5, average at best team. So the spin is Memphis is better than K-State. And after the add whipping, they are all excited about a home game vs. a D-2 team from northwest Nebraska.

White out in Springfield for D-2, boys!
                          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Here are Athlon's rankings of the teams in question:

Pitt - #41

Kansas State - #44

Iowa - #53

Memphis - #59

Indiana - #60

Iowa St - #74

Kansas - #103
                            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post

Who would win in a KU-Missouri State matchup?...I think putting these two forces against each other is like your classic unstoppable force meets an immovable object situation.
                              Actually, Dave, I believe you mean a stoppable force meets a movable object -- and who knows how that would work out?

If Da Bears want to play FBS football, let them knock themselves out (well, not literally; the opponents will probably take care of that). As for me, it's all just one more reminder why I'm glad WSU doesn't play football.

Comment

Working...
                              X