10 most classless college bb coaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 most classless college bb coaches

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Out of all those guys, I like Fisher the most and it isn't even close. I'm sure he wasn't exactly calling all the shots at Michigan and he seems to have evolved into a grandpa type beloved man in San Diego.

The stuff about Alford was surprising to me-guess I missed that story.

Comment

I suggest you don't click that link. Answer dot com is a freaking mess of a web site full of ads and potential malware, to say nothing of the fact you'll have to click in the neighborhood of 40 pages to get through the list which in the end will tell you little that you already don't know.

Can I assume they excluded the one name that should be in the top 10, if not #1, good ole LB?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        I suggest you don't click that link. Answer dot com is a freaking mess of a web site full of ads and potential malware, to say nothing of the fact you'll have to click in the neighborhood of 40 pages to get through the list which in the end will tell you little that you already don't know.

Can I assume they excluded the one name that should be in the top 10, if not #1, good ole LB?
        You assumed right. Teflon

Comment

didnt get sny malware here Doc but I am on a Mac.
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            The stuff about Alford was surprising to me-guess I missed that story.
            Alford NEVER apologized for his actions, ever (in fact he was defiant) up until he almost lost his brand new job at UCLA. Even when he was first asked about it after he was hired at UCLA he was dismissive and trotted out the old line about doing as he was told. It was only after so much pressure built on him and UCLA to let him go did he come out and "apologize repeatedly for that."

He problem is was twofold. First, he was publicly stating that he was, to paraphrase, "100% certain of Pierre's innocence," which, by implication, means he was saying the accuser was lying. Second, he (HE for God's sake!) felt it was appropriate for him to enter the fray and set up a meeting between the girl and a friendly (to Steve) chaplain to pressure the girl to drop the whole thing. People can love Steve as an IU great, they can think he's a great tactical coach, but these two things were the boarish, intimidating acts of a person much more concerned with his basketball program and job than an actual young rape victim. As it relates to Pierre Pierce he acted like a complete bleephole and continued to do so up until the point where he had to act contrite to keep his new blue-blood gig.

The audacity of those who choose to somehow make this "loyalty" he showed to his player (to Steve's benefit, btw), and his intrusive, intimidating, and insensitive actions as somehow a laudable character trait is startling and sad. And the height of it is to suggest that it should all just go away because, after all, Steve has apologized (at, and only at, the precise moment in time where to remain defiant and unapologetic would finally cost Steve).

Any fair reading of Steve's actions and attitudes in the Pierre Pierce matter expose him - and badly. To deny or deflect that is complete fanboyism that defies reason, logic, and the immense public record at the tip of one's nose. Please excuse my outburst.

Comment

No, @Bentley:, thanks. I had honestly never heard that story. Is my head in the sand or has the media kind of given him a pass on this?

Comment

When I saw this thread I really expected Gregg Marshall to be on the list. I'm definitely glad to see that he wasn't. It's amazing how much of a bad rap he has gotten in the past simply for defending himself when he was right. He doesn't play the game and that's one of the things I love about him.

Comment

Kentucky coach John Calipari said the only team that could replicate last season's 38 straight wins would be the Wildcats -- but even that could be a reach.

And to think people call Marshall pompous...

Comment

I get what he is saying in that going undefeated is noteworthy, but asking "who won the title two or three years ago?" is dumb. I could tell you every national champion going back to Wooden's finale in 1975. Don't act like winning the national title doesn't really matter.
                    78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                      I get what he is saying in that going undefeated is noteworthy, but asking "who won the title two or three years ago?" is dumb. I could tell you every national champion going back to Wooden's finale in 1975. Don't act like winning the national title doesn't really matter.
                      Going undefeated is absolutely noteworthy. It's a phenomenal accomplishment.

Going undefeated literally 1 year after another team goes undefeated and then immediately claiming that no one will ever do it again unless it is yourself, is being a pompous asshat.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                        didnt get sny malware here Doc but I am on a Mac.
                        You do realize that being on a Mac offers you no protection from malware?

Comment

Working...
                        X