No one wants to go to Wyoming to play them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No one wants to go to Wyoming to play them

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...es-at-wyoming/ Im shocked how bout?
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

sounds familiar
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Anyone, anytime, any place

-Gregg Marshall

Comment

Power-5 conferences need to Shyatt or get off the toilet.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Sorry, but if I were running a high-level D1 college team, there is no way in hell I'm taking them up there.

Went to this website to check out how it affects a person's body. Put in 7,200 feet and you'll get your answer. Looks like 75% of the oxygen normally available at sea level is available in Laramie. However, that is compounded when taking into account lung, vein, trachea, and artery function. EDIT: For comparison, Wichita is around 1,300 feet above sea level.
          Last edited by Kel Varnsen; August 10, 2015, 01:56 PM.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

The AF Academy is 7,300 ft. Saw that game. Really tough to play at altititude if you aren't used to it.

Comment

The key to playing as a visitor at altitude is to fly in and play within 24-48 hours. Your body will not recognize the altitude difference in this short period. The key is also to drink more water and sports energy drinks than normal to combat the added dehydration of the increased elevation. It takes a couple of days for the body to register the oxygen deficiency within the red blood cells. There are people who are extra sensitive to altitude. At the end of the day, these kids should be in shape that minimizes the effects of increased elevation. If my soon to be 45-year-old body can regularly travel to Leadville and its surrounding area to fastpack and run ultramarathons these kids should be fine playing a 40-minute game.
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                The key to playing as a visitor at altitude is to fly in and play within 24-48 hours. Your body will not recognize the altitude difference in this short period. The key is also to drink more water and sports energy drinks than normal to combat the added dehydration of the increased elevation. It takes a couple of days for the body to register the oxygen deficiency within the red blood cells. There are people who are extra sensitive to altitude. At the end of the day, these kids should be in shape that minimizes the effects of increased elevation. If my soon to be 45-year-old body can regularly travel to Leadville and its surrounding area to fastpack and run ultramarathons these kids should be fine playing a 40-minute game.
                This! And simply substitute more frequently and make use of all available timeouts in the first half.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

DU, are you running Leadville this next weekend? If so, good luck, I know some folks running. I'm pacing for the Leanhorse 100 in SD

Comment

No Leadville for me this year. I am headed to Ouray & Telluride in September for some mountain fun. Have fun at Leanhorse! My next 100 is in December, the Hitchcock 100 in Honey Creek, Iowa.

Comment

You guys are nuts. And I've done my share of distance running.

And yes, I'm jealous.

Comment

No Leadville for me this year. I am headed to Ouray & Telluride in September for some mountain fun. Have fun at Leanhorse! My next 100 is in December, the Hitchcock 100 in Honey Creek, Iowa.
                        SW Colorado is where it's at, if you want to go somewhere in Colorado. Great vistas, more authentic towns, less people than anything near the zoo the front range has become over the past decade, and (at least for now) less pine beetle damage than front range or northern areas of CO.

If you are planning on camping, or doing any 4X4 activity in that area, hit me up, I might be of some use. A couple of recs for dining in Telluride and Ourey as well.

Alternatively, you may know much more about the area than myself.

Comment

that must be a loop course, Honey Creek doesn't look that big, I'm not familiar with that race? Could be a cold 100 though in December, and snowy?

(edit), just looked at the course map, good lord there are more turns on that course than you can shake a stick at, I bet some folks will be making some wrong turns on that one, they better have it well marked.

weather for Leanhorse looks fabulous, lows in the 40s, highs in the 60s, after over a month of 80s and 90s up here this will be a welcome relief come Saturday!

Have you run the Bighorn 100 or 50 up in Wyoming? That was my last ultra in 2014, just an absolute BEAST of a course. Might go back and pace again in 2016, I finished the 52, but my running buddy had to drop out of the 100 and is bound and determined to go back to finish it.

Last edited by isu87; August 17, 2015, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by isu87 View Post
                            that must be a loop course, Honey Creek doesn't look that big, I'm not familiar with that race? Could be a cold 100 though in December, and snowy?

(edit), just looked at the course map, good lord there are more turns on that course than you can shake a stick at, I bet some folks will be making some wrong turns on that one, they better have it well marked.

weather for Leanhorse looks fabulous, lows in the 40s, highs in the 60s, after over a month of 80s and 90s up here this will be a welcome relief come Saturday!

Have you run the Bighorn 100 or 50 up in Wyoming? That was my last ultra in 2014, just an absolute BEAST of a course. Might go back and pace again in 2016, I finished the 52, but my running buddy had to drop out of the 100 and is bound and determined to go back to finish it.
                            I have not run but it is on my watch list on Ultrasignup. I am doing mostly 50's and lots of Fatasses either solo or with friends. I am weird in that I prefer a Fatasses but each are the same in that one is mostly suffering alone in silence. Loop courses do minimize the time alone.

I am certain you have seen this but I am posting for the bored Shockernetters we might corrupt to the way of the trails.

Comment

I was thinking ultrarunning might be cool, until the pooping in your pants part.

Comment

Working...
                              X