No announcement yet.

Illinois State Plane Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to know how much of a role Torrey had in recruiting. Would be nice if someone could give us a few details.

Comment

I have consolidated the three threads on this tragedy. Thoughts and prayers to those killed and their families, as well as, the Illinois State program.
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Heartbreaking to hear this. Not much you can say to ease the pain their families, friends and communities are feeling. My heartfelt condolences to all those impacted by this tragic loss of life.

Comment

Very sad news. Prayers go out to the families and Illinois state.

Comment

@EnthusiAdams: I ask all of my followers to keep Illinois State in your thoughts and prayers. Tragic day for our Redbird brothers and sisters.
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

@ISURedbirds: Official Statements from Illinois State Athletics Director Larry Lyons and Head Coach Dan Muller: http://bit.ly/1CknzDe
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

So sad. Saw it on a ESPN feed
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                  I'd like to know how much of a role Torrey had in recruiting. Would be nice if someone could give us a few details.
                  Ward assumed primary recruiting duties with the departure of Dana Ford. Sad that as a coach probably the one promise you make to kids and their parents is that you'll be there for their 4 years on campus, and that you'll look after them as one of your own. Parents and fans often get angry when a coach leaves and takes another job. Like a jilted lover at the alter. But how do you process something tragic like this? I spoke with some of the players and they feel like they lost a brother, in some instances a father figure. Coach Ward leaves behind a fiancée who is due with his third child any day now, and this community as a whole is hurting with the loss of everyone.

I'm torn. I absolutely Love the outpouring of sympathy and support from Shocker Nation, but then I realize all our bad blood in recent years is over a coaches departure. Kind of ironic that the sympathy for the guy we lost comes after the bad blood about the guy who left.

Take nothing away from all of the kind words and support, I guess it's just me putting things in perspective and showing how fragile life is and how totally irrelevant sports can be at times.

Thanks Shockerfans.

Comment

Figured this was the best place to put this. A really well-written and researched article by Matt Norlander of CBS Sports. Take some time out of your day to read this.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                    X